$8000 and 15 days, where would you go?

9 years 3 months ago #424768 by Dragonflies
I'd recommend: Scotland, Ireland or even Norway

9 years 2 months ago #424779 by Ruby Grace
Sri Lanka 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424841 by Stacy Craig
Bora Bora!!

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #424843 by ilh2009ky
Effrom wrote "Ian, the amount to spend was eight grand, not eight million!.....
".

I know it seems like a lot of places to visit, but, you can get an around the world ticket (on major airlines) for $2000 to $3000 via ticket discounters in the Sunday classified ads which leaves $5000 to play with over 15 days--~$300 a day.    And, the US $ is really strong right now.  It can be done; although, I must admit that you have to get real ingenious to get by of $300 a day in French Polynesia.   I did it with a timeshare arrangement and one meal a day plus lots of French bread and pina coladas!:)

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

9 years 2 months ago #424845 by JeremyS

ilh2009ky wrote: Effrom wrote "Ian, the amount to spend was eight grand, not eight million!.....

".

I know it seems like a lot of places to visit, but, you can get an around the world ticket (on major airlines) for $2000 to $3000 via ticket discounters in the Sunday classified ads which leaves $5000 to play with over 15 days--~$300 a day.    And, the US $ is really strong right now.  It can be done; although, I must admit that you have to get real ingenious to get by of $300 a day in French Polynesia.   I did it with a timeshare arrangement and one meal a day plus lots of French bread and pina coladas!:)

Mate, for me to cross the atlantic, its almost 2k$ already to go from halifax, Canada to London, and that is flights alone. Even with 15-20% off on airfare

9 years 2 months ago #424884 by Scott Klubeck
Detroit :rofl:   okay, just messing around.

For flights use travel search engines like Kayak.com.  I love this site because it simple works.  For your room try sites like Airbnb.com, usually if you plan enough ahead of time, you can cut your vacation cost big time. 

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #426074 by Kevin W. E.
America By Rail will cost about 8 grand for the wife and I.

www.americabyrail.com

9 years 2 months ago #426080 by RobWood
I would spend the $8,000 on a lens or two, and spend two weeks shooting right here in the SF Bay area.

9 years 2 months ago #426247 by J Hemingway
Or pick up one 600mm!

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #426365 by Harper Coswell
OMG Greece!  

Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #426372 by Alex

effron wrote:

Alex wrote: These are a combination of places I have been and just love, also places I haven't been and would love to visit!  

1. Iceland
2. Barcelona
3. Paris 
4. Rio de Janeiro 
5. Edinburgh 
6. Prague

Either way, you are getting some great suggestions here.  Good luck and take plenty of photos!

City slicker!!!.....:)

LOL  just seeing this now!  Iceland isn't exactly urban dwelling!  ha ha ha

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
9 years 2 months ago #426442 by Jason Oldman
Alex, I think Iceland is the exception to that :rofl:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024