Memory card deals or coupons?

1 month 3 weeks ago #762497 by Kyle O
I need top pick up a couple SD cards.  Any sales or decent coupons floating around you can share with me please?

:thx2:

Photo Comments
1 month 3 weeks ago #762505 by Nathan D
Best Buy had sale on Samsung cards a couple weeks ago, not sure if still happening though 

Photo Comments
1 month 3 weeks ago #762514 by TCav
A low price on an inferior product?

Find he best price you can on SanDisk or Lexar.

1 month 2 weeks ago #762579 by Randy Fisher

TCav wrote: A low price on an inferior product?

Samsung?  I have one of their microSD cards and never a single issue with it. 

1 month 2 weeks ago #762591 by TCav

Randy Fisher wrote:

Like SanDisk and Lexar, Samsung makes its own flash memory devices, unlike many vendors. I too have several Samsung flash memory products, and have been pleased with their performance and reliability.

1 month 2 weeks ago #762670 by Nathan D

TCav wrote:

Randy Fisher wrote:

Like SanDisk and Lexar, Samsung makes its own flash memory devices, unlike many vendors. I too have several Samsung flash memory products, and have been pleased with their performance and reliability.

Yep, Samsung cards are great, I started using these a couple years ago and not a single issue. 

Photo Comments
1 month 1 week ago #762736 by CharleyL
My opinion - SD cards are not where you should be looking for the cheapest that you can buy. If you are serious about photography, decide which has the highest reliability and go with it. There are several good brands, and many that may work, for a while. I buy Sandisk Pro.

Charley

1 month 1 week ago #762799 by Kyle O

CharleyL wrote: My opinion - SD cards are not where you should be looking for the cheapest that you can buy. If you are serious about photography, decide which has the highest reliability and go with it. There are several good brands, and many that may work, for a while. I buy Sandisk Pro.

Charley

"SD cards are not where you should be...."  are you talking about "San Disk" or "SD" memory cards here?

Photo Comments
1 month 1 week ago #762800 by Kyle O
Thank you all for the input.  BTW, what is your opinion of 'Prograde' memory cards?  

Photo Comments
1 month 1 week ago #762802 by CharleyL
Just buy known brands of quality memory cards. Don't look for the cheapest and "on sale" cards by vague name brands. These are frequently of lesser quality and are being "dumped" via cheap prices to get rid of them. It's a known fact that manufacturers dump their sub standard items by selling using obscure brand names at cheaper prices and sales. You want the best brand memory cards that you can find, if your photography is important to you. It doesn't have to be labeled "Pro Grade", but brands of known high quality and reliability. I settled on Sandisk because I have been using them for over 20 years with no issues. There are other brands that are likely just as good, but I have only tried a few of them, so no long term experience with them. 

Just buy name brand cards and don't look for "significant low price sales and strange name manufacturers", but by all means look around to find sources that sell at the best prices (not sale prices). Follow this and you should do well with whatever name brand cards that you buy.

Charley

1 month 1 week ago #762891 by Nathan D

Kyle O wrote: Thank you all for the input.  BTW, what is your opinion of 'Prograde' memory cards?  

I have a 128GB Prograde card I have been using for years, at least 4 and it's a great card.  Mine has 300 MB/s read speed with 250 MB/s for write speed. Very fast, which I'm guessing now they have even quicker cards.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024