**How to take street Portraits!

13 years 1 month ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #33715 by PhotographyTalk
This is a excellent video, that shows you how to take street portraits . For those of you who are shy, this video will really help you get over that shy factor and get out there and take some great street portraits. In this video he is set up out side a bank (my guess) and is asking people if OK to take their photo. Check out some of the photos, every day people making great portraits . The only thing I don't see him doing on film is getting model release forms from the people he photographs.

Enjoy:
Nikon D600 | Nikon D7100 | Nikon D800 | Canon 5D Mark III | Canon EOS-1D X

Recommended Reading:

The following user(s) said Thank You: pkelly001, traveller, Vespista, RianaK, rocktroll, imprash, BINU, gadam777
13 years 1 month ago #33735 by Lindsey
That was a very good video, he does make it look so easy

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #33827 by Photo Junky
Fearless, cool video. I just forwarded this link to my sister. She has a hard time approaching people.

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #33884 by Stealthy Ninja
Seen this before. It's interesting.
13 years 1 month ago #33960 by crystal
Great video, but if a person is shy. Shy enough that they can't even ask the simple question.. Can I take your picture? They won't be shooting any portraits.
It's one thing to watch a video, it's another thing to actually do it. It helps to have confidence in your voice when asking people to pose. A shy person has to work on that confidence.
13 years 1 month ago #33969 by chasrich
I was reading in another forum a little about street photography. The impression I got was it was supposed to be stealthy. Capturing images of people doing candid things without their knowledge. The guy was from England so it might be a local definition for Europe. Is there two types of street photography?

The stealthy form might be best for those too shy to ask. Check here for some info on this... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago #33971 by chasrich

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago #34038 by C4rl

chasrich wrote: I was reading in another forum a little about street photography. The impression I got was it was supposed to be stealthy. Capturing images of people doing candid things without their knowledge. The guy was from England so it might be a local definition for Europe. Is there two types of street photography?

The stealthy form might be best for those too shy to ask. Check here for some info on this... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography

I was also under the impression that street photography is candids. This video doesn't really show candids.

13 years 1 month ago #34039 by C4rl

chasrich wrote: Fascinating... photo.net/learn/street/intro

Thanks for sharing the link.

13 years 1 month ago #34217 by Vladimir
That was a good video, I like :judge:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #34380 by Kitzmiller
Good video

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #34600 by Moossmann
I watched this one a couple times, good video for me :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #34915 by CanonKid
So, good video. However what about the model request forms?

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #37609 by alley
www.davebeckerman.com

Check out his New Yorkers gallery. This is what I think of as street photography. He's got some great shots in there.

13 years 1 month ago #37610 by alley
Take a look at this also. He has a lot of great info in this article.

www.beckermanphoto.com/blog/street-photo...s-summary/#more-2521

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024