Photos of Ireland II

4 years 9 months ago #654659 by garyrhook
More images from our outing to Great Blasket.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #654856 by Daryl Flores
The rocks are pretty colorful. Are these limestone or just algae coloration? 

4 years 9 months ago #654886 by garyrhook

Daryl Flores wrote: The rocks are pretty colorful. Are these limestone or just algae coloration? 

Pretty sure the island is made up of slate and granite. No limestone that I could find.

Tho colors are the hues within the rocks (readily visible) overly processed to make them pop. They are there, but not so over the top. I just decided to make art out of them because they were beautiful.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #654940 by Hannah Williams
So these are granite, this is a nice rendition. The colors are visibly playful. Ireland has really beautiful landscapes. I have never been there before though. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: garyrhook
4 years 9 months ago #655104 by Alyssa Briggs
Beautiful landscapes! It did not look over-processed for me. This is a lovely set. 

4 years 9 months ago #655294 by Shadowfixer1
:thumbsup:
4 years 8 months ago #655426 by Rohan Tushar
Beautiful landscapes! Breathtaking! 

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #656007 by Aaron Rogers
Awesome shots here! The details of the landscapes are incredible. Nice job Gary! 

4 years 8 months ago #656626 by devizeskayak
Really beautiful shots!  I think your processing is wonderful even if it doesn't fully represent the "real" scene.  

4 years 7 months ago #662287 by Lauren Grant
The stones are lovely. Really nice colors on them. 

4 years 6 months ago #662634 by Sara Miles
The landscape of the first shot in the coast is amazing. 

4 years 6 months ago #663259 by Kelly Emery
:judge:  Wow! The landscape is really pretty. So picturesque! 

4 years 6 months ago #663513 by Bobby Mitchell
The rocks are colorful? Is this enhanced or their natural colors? 

4 years 6 months ago #663555 by garyrhook

Bobby Mitchell wrote: The rocks are colorful? Is this enhanced or their natural colors? 

The rocks are very colorful, but I pushed them in post to create the image I visualized.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024