photography and depression

13 years 3 months ago #22557 by spokani
I was reading your post and i thought this would be a good example of a goth pic

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #22561 by luckywish1
take pictures of things that you would like to take pictures of it might help with the depression that you are going through. find something that make you happy like sunset or ducks or birds or dogs that might help you too

13 years 3 months ago #22654 by Rob pix4u2
I have had experience with depression and photography and yes it is hard as hell to pick up the camera and go shooting when you feel like crap. My wife used to force me out the door to go and shoot and usually I was glad that I had done it even though I felt bad. Winter pics and barren landscapes are a start, Gnarly stuff works too, never found the joy in my cats at the time but now I am glad for the shots i took of them too.

Just some examples of pix I took while in the midst of major depression and receiving treatment for same

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #22689 by Karl Wertanen

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I have had experience with depression and photography and yes it is hard as hell to pick up the camera and go shooting when you feel like crap. My wife used to force me out the door to go and shoot and usually I was glad that I had done it even though I felt bad. Winter pics and barren landscapes are a start, Gnarly stuff works too, never found the joy in my cats at the time but now I am glad for the shots i took of them too.

Just some examples of pix I took while in the midst of major depression and receiving treatment for same

Nice photos. I really like the last one. Theres alot of good texture in that shot. :thumbsup:
13 years 3 months ago #22781 by D3pr355
Thank you everyone. Alot of suggestions. I guess I will just have to push through it and have some fun shooting something.

13 years 3 months ago #22782 by crystal

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I have had experience with depression and photography and yes it is hard as hell to pick up the camera and go shooting when you feel like crap. My wife used to force me out the door to go and shoot and usually I was glad that I had done it even though I felt bad.

I remember a few years ago I was depressed. Nothing could cheer me up. It really sucked. I didn't want to go out to take pictures, I didn't want to go hiking, my husband trying to make me laugh didn't even work. Nothing worked. I was like this for a few months. Then all of a sudden I was better. What didn't make sense was, nothing changed in my life to have me go from good - depressed - back to good again.

It really sucked. I never want to be depressed like that again.
13 years 3 months ago #22783 by Areese482
I know I am really new to photography, but I could never imagine being depressed and having a camera in my hand. I'm too happy snapping pictures all the time.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024