what is the best lens for eagles can someone please help me

13 years 2 weeks ago #44806 by luckywish1
what is the best lens for eagles can someone please help me. yesterday i went to grand coulee dam and we took some pictures of some eagles and the eagle were to far away and we were useing the 500-1000mm and the picture turn out to far away and i dont know what is wrong. we spend all this money on that one len hoping that it would do the work we wanted it to do and it turn out weriod. i paid 129.00 for the 500-1000mm mirror len. am i doing something wrong please help me

13 years 2 weeks ago #44810 by luckywish1
here is my eagle picture that we took yesterday at grand coulee dam

Attachments:
13 years 2 weeks ago #44813 by chasrich
Getting close to an eagle is not the easiest thing to do. Shooting a bird on the fly with a telephoto lens is also quite a challenge. Try not to get too disappointed Penny. The lens you have might be the right tool for this shot but being patient is the most important ingredient.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 2 weeks ago #44816 by Cjarvis
Wild life photography takes a lot of patients try slowly working your way to the animal then sit and wait for it to be comfortable with you presence then you just wait some more for that perfect shot. Good luck and have fun, if you stress about not getting the shot you wanted so mo much that it stops being fun then whats the point? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

P.S. I like bananas :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

13 years 2 weeks ago #44817 by luckywish1
yes i am very dispointed and very depress about it because it didnt work. and i try and try and try and try and try. and we dont go to grand coulee damm all the time that was a special trip too. i spend 5 hours over there yesterday try and try and try and try to get it perfect and i feel that i waste my money on that stupid len that was only 125.00 now i just dont know what type i lens i need to get.

13 years 2 weeks ago #44818 by luckywish1
im feeling are hurt right now about my eagle picture. yesterday i took the pictures at grand coulee dam and they didnt let us get any closer to them or on the grass either. fish and wild life were there yesterday also and they said that we cant get any closer because if we went 5 feet by them you would be breaking the law at the grand coulee dam because of the wire fence that is down there they won't let people go down there. we were standing at the visiting center on the top.

13 years 2 weeks ago #44819 by luckywish1
what len should i get for eagles? im thinking about sending my len back to the company and telling them that im not happy with the len that i got. what do you guys think i should do? ????????

13 years 2 weeks ago #44820 by Cjarvis
Look in your area for a more photographer friendly area. Also if you look and act like a photographer many parks will let you get away with more then the other visitors. Don't be so down on your self even pros take hundreds even thousands of shots that are total crap. That doesn't mean you'r a bad photographer or you have bad equipment it just means you missed the shot or there was not good shot to catch.

13 years 2 weeks ago #44821 by Cjarvis
What lens do you have exactly?

13 years 2 weeks ago #44822 by luckywish1
what type of bird is this one?

Attachments:
13 years 2 weeks ago #44823 by luckywish1
grand coulee dam doesnt let people go passed that fence because of the water that run down the dam
and the secruity too

13 years 2 weeks ago #44824 by Cjarvis
Its some kind of raptor you can tell by the way its looking at the ground well gliding. A hawk of some sort would be my guess.

13 years 2 weeks ago #44825 by luckywish1
the grand coulee dam said that they get eagles all the time on that pole. we were at the visitting center yesterday when we took that picture. how can you get passed that fence to take pictures there?

13 years 2 weeks ago #44826 by Cjarvis

luckywish1 wrote: grand coulee dam doesnt let people go passed that fence because of the water that run down the dam
and the secruity too

Thats why you should find a location wear you can get further away from other pepole and distractions for you wildlife photography.

13 years 2 weeks ago #44827 by Cjarvis

luckywish1 wrote: the grand coulee dam said that they get eagles all the time on that pole. we were at the visitting center yesterday when we took that picture. how can you get passed that fence to take pictures there?

If you want to take photos of eagles studie them learn thier habits so you can better anticipate them, wear thay like to perch hunt rest mate, stuf like that. If you know the animal really well then you'll be able to find a great place to photograph them.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024