Infrared Cloud-filled Landscapes in B&W

11 years 1 month ago #275205 by robbie
Marte checkout 'Bruce' on this site,,,,
irphotocom.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...=display&thread=7893
Architechture is his speciality but he isn`t posting at the moment...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marte
11 years 1 month ago #275208 by Marte
I just opened it , didn´t know about these. Thank you very much!
Getting into "study mode" now , this is most interesting.
:thx2:

11 years 1 month ago #275228 by robbie

Marte wrote: I just opened it , didn´t know about these. Thank you very much!
Getting into "study mode" now , this is most interesting.
:thx2:

To see the beauty of Ir at it`s best,join the group and go to the 'Oversize Gallery'.

11 years 1 month ago #276699 by KatyT
I am absolutely mesmerized by these photos. Amazing work!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: robbie
11 years 1 month ago #276747 by robbie

KatyT wrote: I am absolutely mesmerized by these photos. Amazing work!!

Thanks Katy,appreciates the lovely compliment.BTW.....
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan

10 years 11 months ago #283104 by Alex
Amazing!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: robbie
10 years 11 months ago #283137 by robbie
Thanks Alex.

10 years 10 months ago #286172 by robbie
some more....

d1

d2

d3

d4

d5

d6

d7

d8

10 years 10 months ago #286173 by robbie
one more

Attachments:
10 years 10 months ago #286175 by icepics
I like the way you captured the cloud formations in that black sky - while it still looks sunny... I think that's why I like ir, to see everything look different than it should be, I find it fascinating.

I like the one with the tall grasses in white, it almost looks like they're ice covered. The second to the last one is really unusual with that dark expanse of water. Great stuff.

Sharon
Photo Comments
10 years 10 months ago #286231 by robbie

icepics wrote: I like the way you captured the cloud formations in that black sky - while it still looks sunny... I think that's why I like ir, to see everything look different than it should be, I find it fascinating.

I like the one with the tall grasses in white, it almost looks like they're ice covered. The second to the last one is really unusual with that dark expanse of water. Great stuff.

Thanks Sharon,appreciates your visit and comment.Nik plugins since Google took over was $149 for the suite[don`t know if the price changed]it was about $500!!!I had to used -2ec to control some of the clouds.
Still waiting for you to get that Ir converted camera!!!Still shooting and processing but will not be posting them here.
Thanks again.

10 years 7 months ago #294225 by robbie
3 image stitch..665nm D200

Attachments:
10 years 7 months ago #294285 by garyrhook
Nicely done. Love the detail.

Nits:

I'm not entirely convinced that the horizon is perfectly level. It may just be me.

That warning sign in the water, in the left 1/3. My eye went right to it. Suggest removing it. The pier is fine; it fits quite well.

An excellent day for clouds, this was.

Photo Comments
10 years 7 months ago #294288 by robbie

garyrhook wrote: Nicely done. Love the detail.

Nits:

I'm not entirely convinced that the horizon is perfectly level. It may just be me.

That warning sign in the water, in the left 1/3. My eye went right to it. Suggest removing it. The pier is fine; it fits quite well.

An excellent day for clouds, this was.

Thanks for the critique Gary...That sign...thought about removing it,will do that later now that you mentioned it.Will check the horizon too.
Regards.

10 years 7 months ago #294342 by JaneK
I really like the first one

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024