Infrared Cloud-filled Landscapes in B&W

7 years 4 months ago #294410 by robbie

JaneK wrote: I really like the first one

Thanks JaneK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #294423 by robbie

robbie wrote:

garyrhook wrote: Nicely done. Love the detail.

Nits:

I'm not entirely convinced that the horizon is perfectly level. It may just be me.

That warning sign in the water, in the left 1/3. My eye went right to it. Suggest removing it. The pier is fine; it fits quite well.

An excellent day for clouds, this was.

Thanks for the critique Gary...That sign...thought about removing it,will do that later now that you mentioned it.Will check the horizon too.
Regards.

A follow up..thanks again Gary.....

Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #299223 by robbie
Some more....

ab

ab1

ab2

ab3

ab4

7 years 3 months ago #299512 by TvPhotos
Sweet shots!

There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robbie

7 years 3 months ago #299518 by KCook
The mossy trees in the first one are ready for Halloween! :thumbsup:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

7 years 3 months ago #299519 by McBeth Photography

KCook wrote: The mossy trees in the first one are ready for Halloween! :thumbsup:

lol! Agreed :rofl:

Superb work as usual Robbie! :judge:

It is what it is.

7 years 3 months ago #299523 by robbie

McBeth Photography wrote:

KCook wrote: The mossy trees in the first one are ready for Halloween! :thumbsup:

lol! Agreed :rofl:

Superb work as usual Robbie! :judge:

:ntf: :agree: :thx2:
Thanks guys,just in time to get spooky!!!

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #303907 by icepics
I like the ones with the black water and white clouds, love the contrast in those.

I tried some ir film, completely messed it up! lol Was using a newer rangefinder that has a meter reading showing in the viewfinder that's projected with red laser - realized part way into the roll that was probably going to ruin it! But I still need to figure out how to adjust settings especially using a really dark red filter - and I'm going to try using a vintage rangefinder with a selenium meter next time. I'll get it in time...

I agree those trees with moss dripping down in B&W are a great Halloween subject!

Sharon
Photo Comments

7 years 2 months ago #303937 by robbie
Thanks Sharon,goodluck next time with the Ir film.Those cameras can fog up the film.
Looking forward to see them.

6 years 4 months ago #403936 by robbie

6 years 4 months ago #403937 by robbie

6 years 4 months ago #404040 by KCook
I like this one the best -

Contrast appears to be under more control than the rest.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 is a new full frame mirrorless camera that was introduced last year. Why is it so good? Find out in this comprehensive review!

Jan 25, 2021

The Canon PowerShot SX70 HS is a newer bridge camera that's loaded with features in a small, portable body.

Jan 22, 2021

In this FujiFilm X-A7 review, learn why this camera is an excellent entry-level option for beginner photographers.

Jan 18, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Leather camera straps are one of my favorite camera accessories. They're strong, durable, well-made, and they'll last a lifetime, especially the straps on this list!

Jan 25, 2021

The Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 is a new full frame mirrorless camera that was introduced last year. Why is it so good? Find out in this comprehensive review!

Jan 25, 2021

By using these hot real estate photography trends, you'll be able to create images that help your properties stand out from the crowd.

Jan 22, 2021

The Canon PowerShot SX70 HS is a newer bridge camera that's loaded with features in a small, portable body.

Jan 22, 2021

With these basic photography tips, you'll learn about four exciting ways to print your photos that will help you bring your images to life.

Jan 22, 2021

There are plenty of reasons why you should use a teleprompter, not the least of which is to have better eye contact with the camera.

Jan 21, 2021

Learn how to get more leads by optimizing your website and making it as user-friendly as possible. More leads equals more business, so this is an easy way to boost your bottom line.

Jan 19, 2021

Use these simple mobile photography tips to get better results whether you have an iPhone or an Android device.

Jan 19, 2021