Need online portfolio that allows password locks on in album for clients

11 years 3 months ago #269142 by Pierce Steenken
I need to be able to set passwords for each album and have admin control over them. Ideally something that has a memo part for the client and myself to communicate about each photo if needed.

Thank you for the help.

Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #269205 by Henry Peach
Zenfolio has privacy and password controls. There are several ways the photographer and their clients/website visitors could communicate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lightpuller
11 years 3 months ago #269208 by Stealthy Ninja
Smugmug has this sort of thing too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lightpuller
11 years 3 months ago #269288 by Joves
Well I am now a Zen user and like their layouts, even though I need to work on my site a lot. I used to have Smugmug, but just as I was going to go with their Pro account they doubled the rates, so I wnet with Zen since they promise my current rate is locked in for life. If they change that then I will go elsewhere.

11 years 3 months ago #269406 by Henry Peach

Joves wrote: Well I am now a Zen user and like their layouts, even though I need to work on my site a lot. I used to have Smugmug, but just as I was going to go with their Pro account they doubled the rates, so I wnet with Zen since they promise my current rate is locked in for life. If they change that then I will go elsewhere.

I have used both. I ended up going with Zenfolio because they used Mpix. I had no problem with the labs Smugmug uses, but I've been using Miller's for a long time. I have heard that Smugmug is offering some great custom website options. Zenfolio adds cool features all the time too. I'm happy, and it's a bit cheaper.
11 years 3 months ago #269971 by Joves

Henry Peach wrote:

Joves wrote: Well I am now a Zen user and like their layouts, even though I need to work on my site a lot. I used to have Smugmug, but just as I was going to go with their Pro account they doubled the rates, so I wnet with Zen since they promise my current rate is locked in for life. If they change that then I will go elsewhere.

I have used both. I ended up going with Zenfolio because they used Mpix. I had no problem with the labs Smugmug uses, but I've been using Miller's for a long time. I have heard that Smugmug is offering some great custom website options. Zenfolio adds cool features all the time too. I'm happy, and it's a bit cheaper.

A lot cheaper now. SM is $300 a year for the full pro account, and $150 for their portfolio account, which until recently could not price their photos There was enough pressure that they gave in to allowing pricing in the lower account, that and long term users like me were jumping ship.
So far I am much happier with Zen.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024