Can you help me please? I entered a Photo Contest.....

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #170272 by Shanna-Marie
I entered this little guy, I sure am glad that I shot this in RAW so I was able to go back & "do it Right" before entering him. If you have time and you like this photo could you please click on the link below and vote for him/me?
The Grand Prize is $1000. and a feature in next month's issue of L'IMAGE Magazine. Thanks a bunch Everyone ! :kiss:

www.limagemagazine.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=728

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 5 months ago #170275 by photobod
Saw it on F/B Shanna and I have voted for you its a beautiful photo. :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago #170276 by chasrich
I voted yesterday. This little fellow is certainly worth a grand and the Fox Whisperer is the one that should collect. :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo: www.limagemagazine.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=728

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #170291 by robbie

chasrich wrote: I voted yesterday. This little fellow is certainly worth a grand and the Fox Whisperer is the one that should collect. :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo: www.limagemagazine.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=728

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Shanna`s new name Fox Whisperer courtesy of Charles.....
Rated but no box for comment.

12 years 5 months ago #170380 by rmeyer7
Voted!

12 years 5 months ago #170382 by Papabear63
excellent shot Shanna !!!:judge: :judge: :judge:

12 years 5 months ago #170399 by Dori
I voted too!!!! :woohoo: :thumbsup:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #170411 by icepics
Is this a magazine that's in print or just online? Reason I ask is that I looked at the rules and some of it strikes me as odd. It says things like the winner shall receive a 'premium'...a check or Western Union transfer will be used... use your correct address so they can get the prize to the correct 'target'... just sounds odd to me.

So I tried looking up the name of the company, Limage revue LLC and couldn't find it (just a lot of revues in French). Looked up their address and it seems to be in a huge industrial area and looks more like a small warehouse than an office, no particular business shown at that address. Says they accept interns but I don't see a publisher or editor or any staff listed.

Hope my suspicions are wrong, but if you win and they ask for your bank account to do a transfer, well, that would probably tell you it's a scam.

P.S. Shanna, hate to tell you this but the more I look at it... says their Summer issue is their first issue, and that's what they still show as current, but they show other covers. In the box that says Become an Editor it takes you back to the page about internships. If you click on the box that says Subscribe it takes you back to the main page... if this was legit they may have gone out of business already.

Now I see they have a gallery where people have posted their photos, I see one of David's, one of Joie's. Well, I don't know what to think, I'd just be careful.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #170452 by Shanna-Marie
Awww you are all so sweet, Thank you so much! ! I really appreciate your comments and your support. :kiss:
Sharon, I read this earlier so I asked my friend Howard about it-he's the one who told me about the contest. He said it's a new "Atlantic Canada" magazine that was has just started up recently..and the website's new as well... He also added that he "remembered seeing a clip with a Limage videographer shooting the "Occupy" "stuff" on Fox news the other day..So they are legit..." I'm going to assume that they are legit as well but like he said, we are Both smart enough to not "give them our money." There's not a chance in hell that they're getting our bank acct. info.-just in case. But thank you for your concern, I really appreciate you looking into it as well. I also trust Howard, he's been doing this sort of thing alot longer than I have.....

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

12 years 5 months ago #170471 by mj~shutterbugg
Voted, hope it all works out!

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 5 months ago #170554 by pottsy62
Hi there... i have just been to the site and rated you maximum stars ********** Hope that is the way to do it :judge:
All the best for the comp. :watching: :cheers:

Hey, YOU... Yes - YOU...come and see my site...
:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

12 years 5 months ago #170605 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you so much MJ & Andrew, I really appreciate that!! :)

12 years 5 months ago #170704 by icepics
I hope it works out for you. I didn't think you'd be giving out your bank account info. so much as if they ask, that would tell you it isn't legit. I just hope the info. your friend got was accurate, too many things on that site either don't make sense or don't seem very ethical. Their 'blog' is actually taken right off the DP Review website; they've put their watermarks over top of David's on some of his photos. I'm not sure what's going on with it or who's really running the site, they aren't listed as one of Atlantic Canada's publications. Good luck with it.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #170951 by chasrich
Bump...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #170953 by butterflygirl921
I voted! Good luck it is a lovely shot! :judge:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024