Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 3 months ago #750937 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 3 months ago #751143 by usclassic

Photo Comments
1 year 3 months ago #751158 by J Stecker
My dad was a watch collector, and his passion for timepieces has left an indelible mark on my life. Growing up, I was surrounded by the gentle ticking of clocks, their rhythmic cadence providing a soothing background to my childhood memories. My father's love for these intricate machines was infectious, and it wasn't long before I, too, found myself captivated by their beauty and complexity.Our home resembled a horological museum, with countless watches and clocks adorning the walls, shelves, and cabinets. From antique pocket watches to modern luxury wristwatches, my dad's collection spanned centuries of horological history. He had a penchant for the stories behind each timepiece, and he would regale me with tales of their origins, their makers, and the events they had witnessed.Some of my fondest memories with my dad involve sitting in his workshop, marveling at the inner workings of a mechanical watch as he carefully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled it. The delicate dance of gears, springs, and levers was a thing of beauty to us both, and we could spend hours discussing the minute details of a particular movement or escapement.As I grew older, my dad imparted his knowledge and skills to me. He taught me how to handle these delicate instruments, how to identify the hallmarks of quality, and how to recognize the unique characteristics of different watchmakers. Over time, our shared passion brought us closer together, and it became a bond that transcended generations.When my dad passed away, he left behind not only his cherished collection but also a legacy of love and appreciation for the art of watchmaking. I have continued to maintain and expand the collection, striving to honor his memory and keep his passion alive. Each time I wind a watch or admire its intricate details, I am reminded of my father and the many lessons he taught me.In the end, my dad's collection was not simply about the watches themselves but about the time we spent together, the moments we shared, and the love that connected us. These timepieces have become a tangible connection to the past, a reminder of the enduring bond between a father and son. And as I continue to explore the world of horology, I carry with me the knowledge and love that my father instilled in me, knowing that his spirit lives on in every tick and tock.

So when I see others with watches, it's like smelling a familiar scent, or seeing an old friend.  It brings me back home.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: usclassic
1 year 3 months ago #751262 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 3 months ago #751263 by usclassic

J Stecker wrote: My dad was a watch collector, and his passion for timepieces has left an indelible mark on my life. Growing up, I was surrounded by the gentle ticking of clocks, their rhythmic cadence providing a soothing background to my childhood memories. My father's love for these intricate machines was infectious, and it wasn't long before I, too, found myself captivated by their beauty and complexity.Our home resembled a horological museum, with countless watches and clocks adorning the walls, shelves, and cabinets. From antique pocket watches to modern luxury wristwatches, my dad's collection spanned centuries of horological history. He had a penchant for the stories behind each timepiece, and he would regale me with tales of their origins, their makers, and the events they had witnessed.Some of my fondest memories with my dad involve sitting in his workshop, marveling at the inner workings of a mechanical watch as he carefully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled it. The delicate dance of gears, springs, and levers was a thing of beauty to us both, and we could spend hours discussing the minute details of a particular movement or escapement.As I grew older, my dad imparted his knowledge and skills to me. He taught me how to handle these delicate instruments, how to identify the hallmarks of quality, and how to recognize the unique characteristics of different watchmakers. Over time, our shared passion brought us closer together, and it became a bond that transcended generations.When my dad passed away, he left behind not only his cherished collection but also a legacy of love and appreciation for the art of watchmaking. I have continued to maintain and expand the collection, striving to honor his memory and keep his passion alive. Each time I wind a watch or admire its intricate details, I am reminded of my father and the many lessons he taught me.In the end, my dad's collection was not simply about the watches themselves but about the time we spent together, the moments we shared, and the love that connected us. These timepieces have become a tangible connection to the past, a reminder of the enduring bond between a father and son. And as I continue to explore the world of horology, I carry with me the knowledge and love that my father instilled in me, knowing that his spirit lives on in every tick and tock.

So when I see others with watches, it's like smelling a familiar scent, or seeing an old friend.  It brings me back home.  

Thank you for sharing your story. I have found many great videos you may enjoy as well, for example, 

Photo Comments
1 year 3 months ago #751495 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024