Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 2 weeks ago #750937 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 1 week ago #751143 by usclassic

Photo Comments
1 year 1 week ago #751158 by J Stecker
My dad was a watch collector, and his passion for timepieces has left an indelible mark on my life. Growing up, I was surrounded by the gentle ticking of clocks, their rhythmic cadence providing a soothing background to my childhood memories. My father's love for these intricate machines was infectious, and it wasn't long before I, too, found myself captivated by their beauty and complexity.Our home resembled a horological museum, with countless watches and clocks adorning the walls, shelves, and cabinets. From antique pocket watches to modern luxury wristwatches, my dad's collection spanned centuries of horological history. He had a penchant for the stories behind each timepiece, and he would regale me with tales of their origins, their makers, and the events they had witnessed.Some of my fondest memories with my dad involve sitting in his workshop, marveling at the inner workings of a mechanical watch as he carefully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled it. The delicate dance of gears, springs, and levers was a thing of beauty to us both, and we could spend hours discussing the minute details of a particular movement or escapement.As I grew older, my dad imparted his knowledge and skills to me. He taught me how to handle these delicate instruments, how to identify the hallmarks of quality, and how to recognize the unique characteristics of different watchmakers. Over time, our shared passion brought us closer together, and it became a bond that transcended generations.When my dad passed away, he left behind not only his cherished collection but also a legacy of love and appreciation for the art of watchmaking. I have continued to maintain and expand the collection, striving to honor his memory and keep his passion alive. Each time I wind a watch or admire its intricate details, I am reminded of my father and the many lessons he taught me.In the end, my dad's collection was not simply about the watches themselves but about the time we spent together, the moments we shared, and the love that connected us. These timepieces have become a tangible connection to the past, a reminder of the enduring bond between a father and son. And as I continue to explore the world of horology, I carry with me the knowledge and love that my father instilled in me, knowing that his spirit lives on in every tick and tock.

So when I see others with watches, it's like smelling a familiar scent, or seeing an old friend.  It brings me back home.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: usclassic
1 year 1 week ago #751262 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:
1 year 1 week ago #751263 by usclassic

J Stecker wrote: My dad was a watch collector, and his passion for timepieces has left an indelible mark on my life. Growing up, I was surrounded by the gentle ticking of clocks, their rhythmic cadence providing a soothing background to my childhood memories. My father's love for these intricate machines was infectious, and it wasn't long before I, too, found myself captivated by their beauty and complexity.Our home resembled a horological museum, with countless watches and clocks adorning the walls, shelves, and cabinets. From antique pocket watches to modern luxury wristwatches, my dad's collection spanned centuries of horological history. He had a penchant for the stories behind each timepiece, and he would regale me with tales of their origins, their makers, and the events they had witnessed.Some of my fondest memories with my dad involve sitting in his workshop, marveling at the inner workings of a mechanical watch as he carefully disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled it. The delicate dance of gears, springs, and levers was a thing of beauty to us both, and we could spend hours discussing the minute details of a particular movement or escapement.As I grew older, my dad imparted his knowledge and skills to me. He taught me how to handle these delicate instruments, how to identify the hallmarks of quality, and how to recognize the unique characteristics of different watchmakers. Over time, our shared passion brought us closer together, and it became a bond that transcended generations.When my dad passed away, he left behind not only his cherished collection but also a legacy of love and appreciation for the art of watchmaking. I have continued to maintain and expand the collection, striving to honor his memory and keep his passion alive. Each time I wind a watch or admire its intricate details, I am reminded of my father and the many lessons he taught me.In the end, my dad's collection was not simply about the watches themselves but about the time we spent together, the moments we shared, and the love that connected us. These timepieces have become a tangible connection to the past, a reminder of the enduring bond between a father and son. And as I continue to explore the world of horology, I carry with me the knowledge and love that my father instilled in me, knowing that his spirit lives on in every tick and tock.

So when I see others with watches, it's like smelling a familiar scent, or seeing an old friend.  It brings me back home.  

Thank you for sharing your story. I have found many great videos you may enjoy as well, for example, 

Photo Comments
1 year 3 days ago #751495 by usclassic

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024