December 2nd Weekend Photography Homework - Share a Photo!

12 years 4 months ago #176439 by McBeth Photography
Anyone that has seen my work knows that I just don't usually shoot shots of buildings and such, but I do have a deep love for arts and crafts era homes and I couldn't help shooting this house in the city of Silverton, Oregon today.

Shot with a D60 w/18-55mm lens @ 34mm on a tripod, F8, 1/10th sec., 100 ISO.

It is what it is.
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176444 by Maria21
McBeth this one's for you.. I shot this one a few weeks ago.. just one of many old Victorian's here.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176455 by kpeditions

This photo i shot a month ago now, but after seeing a photoshop video posted on the photography talk facebook page, i decided to re-open it and have a look at what i could do!

The video was the one about adding rain! So heres the result! Hope you like

Shot with my Canon 550d, F/3.5, 1/200SEC, low iso 200, in partial metering mode

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176458 by ishan
I Took this photo from my terrace in bangalore ....trying to capture nature at its best ....took it with my cannon powershot3100is

IshanC
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176459 by kpeditions

Sorry getting carried away now lol

But this is a shot i took a just over 2 weeks ago. It is a shot i am most proud of as i have actually sold 4 prints and 3 greeting cards with this picture! So it is the first Photograph i have actually made money from that isnt a portrait!

Hope you like it just as much!

Shot with my Canon 550d, Shutter priority, f/10, 1/40 sec, +0.7step exposure, Iso 400

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176460 by ishan
Sunset in Mumbai captured from the balcony using my cannon powershot3100 is

IshanC
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176461 by ishan
This photo was taken in phillipines in the month of january .....Manila American cemetery and Memorial in fort bonifacio....took this photo with my cannon powershot 3100 is...photoshopped to make it more sombre !

IshanC
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176463 by ishan
This picture was taken from my terrace a couple of months ago using my canon powershot3100 is ..I chose to not focus on the spider as the centre of attention and thats why clicked it such dat it would be placed on the left hand side !

IshanC
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176484 by McBeth Photography

Maria21 wrote: McBeth this one's for you.. I shot this one a few weeks ago.. just one of many old Victorian's here.

That's a nice find Maria! Well captured too!

It is what it is.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176498 by photo.mama75
Shot this last night, (after making the chimney prop myself) for a friend's Christmas card.

You don't need an expensive camera to take beautiful photos, if you can see past the mundane, into the tiny, yet infinite details of the Universe.
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176502 by rashmivarier

hello everyone. with this image, I say a big hello from India. well, there is definitely a bit of a story to this. i initially started off to set up a table for a local dessert and its base color being white, i felt these little pink flowers would give it a delicate touch. but it mixed pretty well with the shells i had at hand, incase i needed to add them to the frame, that i forgot the dessert (rather started eating my subject :p ) and got to work with these two props..they took over the main subject and played up quite well in the final result. Here's one from a series of many. i can't really call myself a beginner, but certainly not an expert yet..getting there slowly, steadily..photography i feel, one can never learn enough.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #176503 by rashmivarier

one of my attempts at macro..the only way to avoid an unnecessary afternoon siesta is to take the camera and just step out of the house on a walk. one never knows what they might find. i just stepped out in to the beaming sun..into my mother's garden and tried to shoot as many flowers as possible. then it occured to me why don't i practice some macro shots of petals and the like..possibly even an insect if they are perched on a flower. it didnt rain and like i said it was a day of very strong sun..so tried to create a shot with some 'fake rain drops' falling of a leaf..here's the result :)

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176511 by jfoxdrake
Took this picture of my son this week with a lens I rented to try out. Canon EF 70-200mm f4.

Janean
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176512 by rashmivarier

many people stick to landscapes..but i try and be a little versatile and experimentative(?? is there such a word?) and fancy anything and everything that comes in my sight. this image was the result of a really bad day..and am not sure, if it reflects that as well..i find solace and release a little steam with my camera..more often than not. it teaches me to be patient and yes if the results are poor, it teaches me to keep my calm in tight situations..which may also be an annoying client or two.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #176514 by rashmivarier

another one of my obsessions..my dog! hardly call him that..a family member for sure! i absolutely adore him but he equally hates to be photographed. he is mortally scared..this one time...he tried to escape again but i had kind of cornered him. i had mistakenly left the exposure high from an earlier shoot and not wanting to waste too much time of getting him to look directly at me..i fired away. when i got this into post..i actually liked it. many might feel, it is over-exposed..but i like it..heck i like anything of my pooch..for me he's not only incredibly and stubbornly adorable but my best friend!

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024