Riding around primed, locked and loaded

10 years 5 months ago #311085 by Eliffman
I for one always have my camera with me. Matter of fact my obsession with always having my camera with me has lead me to being the butt end of many jokes with friends. How I see it, you just never know when that shot might present it self. I would rather have my camera vs trying to snap off a shot with my iPhone.

Who else have their cameras ready to fire at any time, walking around and while you are driving in your car?

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311087 by garyrhook
I don't, but I should. I keep seeing things that grab my attention.

However, if I did that, I'd never get anywhere that I need to be. :cheer:

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311177 by Joves

garyrhook wrote: I don't, but I should. I keep seeing things that grab my attention.

However, if I did that, I'd never get anywhere that I need to be. :cheer:

:rofl:
Yeah Murphy's Law has bit me in the butt too often to not carry my camera with me all of the time.
So I always carry mine with me, and like you have had friends roll their eyes, or ask me if I could not leave it at home. I always say well I do not need to go. Actually if it is all day thing my pack, and monopod, tripod come with me.

10 years 5 months ago #311187 by MYoung
The only time I don't is on Friday night and Saturday when it's family day. I should clarify, these days I don't have my DSLR, but I do have my compact camera in my purse :whistle:

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311217 by garyrhook

Joves wrote: So I always carry mine with me, and like you have had friends roll their eyes, or ask me if I could not leave it at home.

I would likely ask the same thing about their d**n iPhone.

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311225 by Joe Vertz
I'm really trying to improve my skills and gain experience so always have my camera with me. If we are going to see a movie or out to dinner, I have a sling bag that holds only the camera and one lens that is attached that I will use. It turns into my man purse :rofl:

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311367 by Alex
I usually have my camera with me about 90% of the time. During the last 3 months or so, I have had my camera with me about 20% of the time.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311413 by Overread
I use too, but these days my camera is with me only if I'm heading to a job

Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311469 by Tuscan Muse
I find myself grabbing my camera more often than not lately. I have downgraded to a smaller purse to accommodate the extra baggage.
10 years 5 months ago #311529 by Shadowfixer1
I keep mine close by. I don't have it on my person at all times, but it will be in the car if I'm not carrying it. I have a point and shoot nearby also along with the iPhone.
10 years 5 months ago #311541 by wkmen
I don't carry one with me all the time, but I do try to have one stashed in the car, usually my secondary (or lower) camera. It has allowed me to get shots like this -

When I'm away from home, on vacation I always carry one, and also at a sporting event.

Attachments:
10 years 5 months ago #311677 by Karl Y
Not really. I do have camera with me often, but not all the time. I do however have my iPhone with me all the time and do take photos with that when I don't have any other camera. Really I have been taking more photos with this lately for family functions.

10 years 5 months ago #311743 by Frost Photography
I used to, for the first handful of years in photography I always had my camera with me. These days if I had my camera with me, it would take away from my family time. So I play the safe card and leave the DSLR home.

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
10 years 5 months ago #311755 by Shadowfixer1

Frost Photography wrote: I used to, for the first handful of years in photography I always had my camera with me. These days if I had my camera with me, it would take away from my family time. So I play the safe card and leave the DSLR home.

Family time is over-rated. Ditch the family and take some pictures. :evil: :lol: Just kidding.
10 years 5 months ago #312025 by Joves

Shadowfixer1 wrote:

Frost Photography wrote: I used to, for the first handful of years in photography I always had my camera with me. These days if I had my camera with me, it would take away from my family time. So I play the safe card and leave the DSLR home.

Family time is over-rated. Ditch the family and take some pictures. :evil: :lol: Just kidding.

:rofl:
Well my family knows that I will have a camera attached to me, so if I did not have mine they would ask if I was sick, or something to that effect.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024