Small things that annoy you thread

12 years 10 months ago #119340 by effron
Bad spelers, and punctuator's. Jeebus. To offen I see word's spelt wrong, comma's and apostrophe's everyware, and rambling sentences you wood thimk some people never went to school and I'm talking about people who there native langusag is english and most of the time it's a educated or intelligent person. Thare, my rant's over......:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #119347 by The Time Capturer
:agree: In general, I don't mind too much if there's a minor typo, especially on here where we tend to type fast to avoid double posting. Sometimes I misspell intentionally, like "thanx." I suffer from "fat fnger syndrome" and often hit two keys at once and I tend to use the edit button a lot to fix my mistakes.

When it bothers me is when it's in a professional situation. If someone is trying to sell me their product or service and their ad or website is riddled with spelling mistakes, run-on sentences, or generally bad grammar, then I figure if they can't take the time to proof read, they probably don't put too much care into their product or service either. It may seem like a minor detail but it will make or break a sale.

For example, which service would you go with?

profesionl resumy riting servis

Professional Resume Writing Service

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #119513 by Stanly
Dog that keeps licking them self

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #119579 by Stanly
Slow start in the morning :toetap:

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #119857 by photobod
My mind

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #119931 by Silver Fox
Slackers

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #119996 by PT Admin
Folks that don't thank you for holding the door open for them. Rude!

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use
12 years 10 months ago #120080 by The Time Capturer
:goodpost:

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #121120 by Alex
People who throw trash out of their car windows on the freeway

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #121125 by chasrich
Psychiatrists that insist you change your meds...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #121234 by redneckphotos

The Time Capturer wrote: :agree: In general, I don't mind too much if there's a minor typo, especially on here where we tend to type fast to avoid double posting. Sometimes I misspell intentionally, like "thanx." I suffer from "fat fnger syndrome" and often hit two keys at once and I tend to use the edit button a lot to fix my mistakes.

When it bothers me is when it's in a professional situation. If someone is trying to sell me their product or service and their ad or website is riddled with spelling mistakes, run-on sentences, or generally bad grammar, then I figure if they can't take the time to proof read, they probably don't put too much care into their product or service either. It may seem like a minor detail but it will make or break a sale.

For example, which service would you go with?

profesionl resumy riting servis

Professional Resume Writing Service

I hate that I do have so many poor typing glitches holding a five and a half month old most of the time even when photographing things ...... makes it very difficult I don't use all my skills and smiles are most of my comments :owned:

RedNeck Photos
12 years 10 months ago #121236 by redneckphotos
People who make you feel inferior :sick:

RedNeck Photos
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #121272 by The Time Capturer
I have fibromyalgia and when I try to type too fast, a lot of it doesn't even make sense. I rarely get it right the first time around and you'll notice most of my posts have been edited afterward.

No offence was intended. Like I said, it only bothers me when it's in a professional situation.

12 years 10 months ago #121324 by Monster
Loud noises in the morning

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #121571 by Vahrenkamp
Being too lazy to separate yourself from the couch :whistle:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024