Pro's and Con's of owning a Nikon vs Canon

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112781 by Baydream
Try these variations. "Purple" is defined as a range of colours between red and blue.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #112790 by Stealthy Ninja
Call it what you want, it's still pink. LOL
12 years 9 months ago #112818 by icepics
Purple is a mix of red and blue in varying amounts, pink is a mix of red and white. These guys are purple - :catfight:

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112820 by Stealthy Ninja
One guy is pink, the other's purple. :catfight:

This guy is indigo :toetap:

In light you can't mix red and white. It's just a lighter variant of violet, which we call pink. Darker varients are called purple.

Give them all the fancy names you like, it's Red, Pink, Purple, Indigo, Blue as far as I'm concerned.

Nikon mess up purples but get pinks and indigo fine.
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #113149 by icepics
True, I took a good bit of art so I think more of mixing colors in a paint tray. Violet is a secondary color (red + blue); pink is a tint of red. That other guy doesn't look pink, he's a lighter tint of the same violet color as the other one. If you see that as pink then it must be your color vision or the monitor..

So basically you think Nikon does well with blues and reds, but not purples. Or is it Canon does... oh never mind, buy a Pentax. LOL

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113184 by chasrich
I flew to Chicago one winter night in 1994. The rent-a-car guy dropped me off at my car and weary from the long day and flight I drove straight to the hotel and crashed. The next morning I went to find the car I had parked the night before. I had no clue which car it might be. I did have the contract which said it was periwinkle in color. I still had no clue and neither did the bellman. Thank goodness one of the valets was gay and picked it out right away. One thing I can say for sure about almost any color is "It ain't periwinkle".

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #113242 by Scotty
Victoria's Secret calls this one Pink.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago #113246 by KCook
Mongo like that pink :cheers:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 9 months ago #113249 by Rob pix4u2
hOW DID WE GET AWAY FROM nIKON v. cANON ?

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago #113253 by Baydream
Always happens when this subject comes up. As Dewitt Jones says, "There is more than one right answer", :silly:

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113258 by Scotty
Hasselblad > nikon and canon. :slapface:

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113271 by Baydream

Scotty wrote: Hasselblad > nikon and canon. :slapface:

Didn't he play Knight Rider and on Baywatch?

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113278 by Scotty

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote: Hasselblad > nikon and canon. :slapface:

Didn't he play Knight Rider and on Baywatch?

Yes, than transformed into a medium format cam.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #113285 by icepics
Only a matter of time til one of you boys found Victoria's Secret pink...

Chas you have the craziest stories. This thread ought to win the prize for getting the most OT.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113286 by Baydream
And the best part is that it will never be resolved so the fun will go on.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024