Pro's and Con's of owning a Nikon vs Canon

12 years 9 months ago #113288 by Scotty

icepics wrote: Only a matter of time til one of you boys found Victoria's Secret pink...

Chas you have the best stories. This thread ought to win the prize for getting the most OT.

Only on PT could we argue about nikon vs canon, and switch to victoria secret models.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113290 by Baydream

Scotty wrote:

icepics wrote: Only a matter of time til one of you boys found Victoria's Secret pink...

Chas you have the best stories. This thread ought to win the prize for getting the most OT.

Only on PT could we argue about nikon vs canon, and switch to victoria secret models.

Quite a pair. Nikon and Canon, I mean.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113319 by Stealthy Ninja

icepics wrote: True, I took a good bit of art so I think more of mixing colors in a paint tray. Violet is a secondary color (red + blue); pink is a tint of red. That other guy doesn't look pink, he's a lighter tint of the same violet color as the other one. If you see that as pink then it must be your color vision or the monitor..

So basically you think Nikon does well with blues and reds, but not purples. Or is it Canon does... oh never mind, buy a Pentax. LOL

He's pink. :catfight: Maybe time to get your monitor calibrated. :)
12 years 9 months ago #113324 by Baydream
Is that a dark pink hood you have on? :cheer:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #113378 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote: Is that a dark pink hood you have on? :cheer:

No it's dark HOT pink (geddit?!)
12 years 9 months ago #113598 by Big Kevin
I've heard by a few that Canon buttons and controls are easier to work with then Nikon. :blink:

12 years 9 months ago #113629 by KCook

Big Kevin wrote: I've heard by a few that Canon buttons and controls are easier to work with then Nikon. :blink:

I think that depends on exactly which models are being compared. My Canon has a tiny 8-way thumb toggle that drives me nuts from time to time. On the plus side it also has a dedicated button for Picture Style access. Different strokes for different folks.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 9 months ago #114606 by Stealthy Ninja

Big Kevin wrote: I've heard by a few that Canon buttons and controls are easier to work with then Nikon. :blink:

Depends on the camera and what you're use to.

I'ved owned the following cameras:
40D
5D
5Dii
1Div
D3s

So more Canons than Nikons.

I like the Nikon buttons more because things like focus mode and metering mode are on switches.

It's more what you're use to really.
12 years 9 months ago #114618 by Rob pix4u2
I've never owned a Canon camera but worked with an AE 1 P that was someone elses and mostly have owned Nikon. Ifind the Nikons that I have handled fit better in my hands than the Canon cameras that I have handled ( mostly friends cameras) and at this point it would be too costly a switch. But from what I am reading the Nikon lenses cost more but are updated and the Canon bodies are bulkier at the pro level, true ?

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 9 months ago #114668 by Stealthy Ninja

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I've never owned a Canon camera but worked with an AE 1 P that was someone elses and mostly have owned Nikon. Ifind the Nikons that I have handled fit better in my hands than the Canon cameras that I have handled ( mostly friends cameras) and at this point it would be too costly a switch. But from what I am reading the Nikon lenses cost more but are updated and the Canon bodies are bulkier at the pro level, true ?

I wouldn't say the Canon pro bodies are more bulky. They're about the same I think.

Honestly I quite liked the 1DIV it was a good camera. Pity Canon can't transfer that good AF to a FF body (that doesn't cost as much as nice 2nd hand car).
12 years 9 months ago #120434 by Henry Peach
The author of this article makes some interesting claims about Nikon users vs Canon users. ;) I have not experienced this myself.

www.foto-biz.com/Photos/Arrogance
12 years 9 months ago #120436 by Dori

Henry Peach wrote: The author of this article makes some interesting claims about Nikon users vs Canon users. ;) I have not experienced this myself.

The guy with the camera is a total frickin' jerk. :angry:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #120465 by Scotty

Henry Peach wrote: The author of this article makes some interesting claims about Nikon users vs Canon users. ;) I have not experienced this myself.

True, one opinion from a random photographer should hold water over sweeping assumptions about a photographer persona based on his gear.

It shows the authors intelligence ;)

Where are the victoria secret models? Henry you stealing them? :kiss:

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #120484 by Joves

:lol:
Oh I could give that guy good examples of Canon users being arrogant. I was shooting waterfalls one day and saw a guy setting up his shot so I waited till he was done, So then I wnet and set up waiting for the light to get right and the guy purposely sat right in the area I was shooting until what I was shooting was in the shadows. He was carrying a Canon. Now I could have shot the photo and claimed all Conon users were aroogant or, as I have concluded the guy was an ahole, and is not matter what he uses. I should have shot at him to get him to move but that would have been irresponsible gun ownership and I would never do that.

12 years 9 months ago #120490 by Scotty

Pink or Purple?

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024