minolta x-700 shutter

1 year 5 months ago #643742 by [email protected]
my question about the shutter,  if the camera is in long storage and the tension was not released form the shutter, will this be bad for the camera?  Is there a way to test the shutter?   thank you  dan  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #643744 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day dan

From many years back - I was aware that if a film camera was put away for 3-months or more 'while the shutter was cocked ready to fire', then there was a chance that the mechanism 'might' lose some accuracy

In today's cameras where to my knowledge the timing of the shutter is mostly electronic rather than "springs and clockwork and little gears", that it is unlikely that the shutter will lose accuracy when put away

What I would do as with all battery-electical stuff is remove the battery so that corrosion does not occur

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

When you order a metal print, you want something with vibrant colors, a solid mounting system, and high-quality metal. In this article, learn what you DON'T want to see in a metal print.

Oct 13, 2020

There are many different canvas print options you can choose from. The question is, what options do you pick for your photo? Find out in this guide!

Oct 13, 2020

If you're looking for video lighting that has DMX controls, is wireless, and offers a multitude of customization options, look no further than TEKE.

Oct 13, 2020

With these business communication tips, you'll be able to interact with your photography clients in a more meaningful and productive way.

Oct 12, 2020