Last Night's Moon

10 months 3 days ago #728193 by ImJenny
Last night's moon looked really cool shrouded in clouds here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. This picture was taken very quickly; so not the best technically speaking, I know; but I was amazed at some of the details captured with my new zoom lens I bought recently. A little exciting for this new photographer - LOL!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 3 days ago #728194 by ImJenny
For some reason when I posted the moon picture the following words did not show up; so just wanted to re-post the word part
...... Last night's moon looked really cool shrouded in clouds here in
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. This picture was taken very quickly; so
not the best technically speaking, I know; but I was amazed at some of
the details captured with my new zoom lens I bought recently. A little
exciting for this new photographer - LOL!

9 months 3 weeks ago #728570 by Joshua Atkins
This is lovely. Nice details for the shot. 

9 months 3 weeks ago #728641 by ImJenny
Thank you, Joshua! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

7 months 2 weeks ago #731984 by r1ch
Nice. I like the sky tones.

7 months 2 weeks ago #732005 by ImJenny
Thank you, r1ch! Those tones were really cool that night! Hope you are well!

6 months 1 week ago #733954 by Stephen Graham
Good texture. The contras is very nice. 

6 months 1 week ago #733999 by ImJenny
Thanks, Stephen! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Hope you are doing well in your part of the world!

5 months 4 weeks ago #735243 by Kyle Johnson
This is pure beauty. The details are incredible. 

5 months 3 weeks ago #735277 by ImJenny
Thank you, Kyle. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment on it! Hope you are well in your part of the world!

5 months 1 week ago #736154 by Esseff
Very smart :thumbsup:

Lens?

5 months 1 week ago #736195 by ImJenny
Thank you, Esseff! I used my Canon EF-S 70-300mm. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment. Hope you are well in your part of the world!

5 months 1 week ago #736196 by Esseff

ImJenny wrote: Thank you, Esseff! I used my Canon EF-S 70-300mm. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment. Hope you are well in your part of the world!

Interesting. I have a 55-250 (also EF-S) but the photo didn't come out nice. That said it was afternoon so maybe it was just too bright. I'll have to try again on a clear night.

Beyond that all is well here. Got refugees in town adjusting to a new life so everything's a bit busier than usual.

5 months 1 week ago #736344 by ImJenny
I have a lot of trouble getting good pictures of the moon when it's out during the day. The details don't show up very well. This image was late at night, and there were lots of gorgeous clouds. I did have to process in Photoshop to bring out some of the details too.

Refugees from Ukraine?

5 months 1 day ago #736802 by Lauren Grant
I love the sharp details. What a powerful shot. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS RP specs don’t compare to high-end full frame cameras. However, this camera is still well-equipped and is a great buy for entry-level shooters.

Sep 27, 2022

A modern wall art display is a beautiful addition to a home or business. In this beginner tutorial, learn some quick and simple tips for creating a display

Sep 26, 2022

The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.

Sep 22, 2022

You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?

Sep 21, 2022

By using wholesale photography products, you can offer your clients beautiful products and give them more choice while giving yourself room for a nice profit.

Sep 21, 2022

A lens pouch offers advantages over a camera bag, including easy access to gear for quick shots. In this guide, learn more about the benefits of lens pouches.

Sep 19, 2022

Holiday photo gifts come in all shapes and sizes and at many price points. Use this guide to help you discover interesting gift ideas for this holiday season.

Sep 19, 2022

With a budget of $250, you can buy all sorts of goodies for the photographer on your holiday shopping list.

Sep 16, 2022