Last Night's Moon

7 months 1 week ago #728193 by ImJenny
Last night's moon looked really cool shrouded in clouds here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. This picture was taken very quickly; so not the best technically speaking, I know; but I was amazed at some of the details captured with my new zoom lens I bought recently. A little exciting for this new photographer - LOL!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #728194 by ImJenny
For some reason when I posted the moon picture the following words did not show up; so just wanted to re-post the word part
...... Last night's moon looked really cool shrouded in clouds here in
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. This picture was taken very quickly; so
not the best technically speaking, I know; but I was amazed at some of
the details captured with my new zoom lens I bought recently. A little
exciting for this new photographer - LOL!

7 months 3 days ago #728570 by Joshua Atkins
This is lovely. Nice details for the shot. 

7 months 2 days ago #728641 by ImJenny
Thank you, Joshua! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

4 months 3 weeks ago #731984 by r1ch
Nice. I like the sky tones.

4 months 3 weeks ago #732005 by ImJenny
Thank you, r1ch! Those tones were really cool that night! Hope you are well!

3 months 2 weeks ago #733954 by Stephen Graham
Good texture. The contras is very nice. 

3 months 2 weeks ago #733999 by ImJenny
Thanks, Stephen! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Hope you are doing well in your part of the world!

3 months 4 days ago #735243 by Kyle Johnson
This is pure beauty. The details are incredible. 

3 months 4 days ago #735277 by ImJenny
Thank you, Kyle. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment on it! Hope you are well in your part of the world!

2 months 2 weeks ago #736154 by Esseff
Very smart :thumbsup:

Lens?

2 months 2 weeks ago #736195 by ImJenny
Thank you, Esseff! I used my Canon EF-S 70-300mm. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment. Hope you are well in your part of the world!

2 months 2 weeks ago #736196 by Esseff

ImJenny wrote: Thank you, Esseff! I used my Canon EF-S 70-300mm. I appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment. Hope you are well in your part of the world!

Interesting. I have a 55-250 (also EF-S) but the photo didn't come out nice. That said it was afternoon so maybe it was just too bright. I'll have to try again on a clear night.

Beyond that all is well here. Got refugees in town adjusting to a new life so everything's a bit busier than usual.

2 months 2 weeks ago #736344 by ImJenny
I have a lot of trouble getting good pictures of the moon when it's out during the day. The details don't show up very well. This image was late at night, and there were lots of gorgeous clouds. I did have to process in Photoshop to bring out some of the details too.

Refugees from Ukraine?

2 months 1 week ago #736802 by Lauren Grant
I love the sharp details. What a powerful shot. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Latest Articles

A personalized wedding photos album is a product you can use to make your client's special day that much better - and they come in many different forms.

Jul 01, 2022

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

The Panasonic GH3 is an older camera, but despite its age, it has many specs and features that offer photographers a good experience in 2022.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022