i heard today from someone that DSLR camera can catch on fire if you are out in the sun

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #11075 by Cjarvis
If it helps im a firefighter and i was able to take my nikon into a working structure fire and take a few photos it was fine after. I DO NOT recomend this. My camera was coverd by the dept. insurance. So thay can stand fairly high temps. At least my nikon can.

13 years 3 months ago #11094 by scarman1313
LOL

13 years 3 months ago #11095 by scarman1313
If you was taking a photo of the sun it might happen but I think you would be blind first, so you could call it a once in a life time shot.

13 years 3 months ago #11605 by Rob pix4u2
I love y'all cuz you make me laugh when I read some of your responses to new questions:woohoo:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 3 months ago #11615 by Stealthy Ninja
Another thing is keep them out of the rain. It causes electrical explosion fires.

13 years 3 months ago #11617 by Litebox Fotos
My goodness, this isn't good. Is it something to do with the cards?

13 years 3 months ago #11621 by Stealthy Ninja

Litebox Fotos wrote: My goodness, this isn't good. Is it something to do with the cards?

I'm sure something's in the cards. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #11630 by Litebox Fotos

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Litebox Fotos wrote: My goodness, this isn't good. Is it something to do with the cards?

Oh my. Are there any cards I shouldn't buy? I've just got one from a company called Sanddisk I think. Is that a good one?

13 years 3 months ago #11654 by Rob pix4u2
you can run them through the washing machine though- The card that is. I wouldn't really try it as a routine practice - refomatting the card works a lot better to clean up the card. You don't want to run the camera through the washer though a run through a parts washer might cause a chemical reaction/fire/explosion situation if it's turned on

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #11673 by crystal

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Another thing is keep them out of the rain. It causes electrical explosion fires.

OMG. lol Every time there is a thunderstorm, I try to get lightening pictures. I am always in the rain. My husband yells at me every time to be careful with the camera, as to how much I get it wet. I do dry it off when I get back inside. Two years ago, I finally got a rainsleeve, I used it maybe twice. lol IMO, the rainsleeve is more in the way.
13 years 3 months ago #11675 by crystal

Litebox Fotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Oh my. Are there any cards I shouldn't buy? I've just got one from a company called Sanddisk I think. Is that a good one?

It's called SanDisk. Your card is just fine.
13 years 3 months ago #11821 by Stealthy Ninja

cwightmanphotos wrote:

Litebox Fotos wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

It's called SanDisk. Your card is just fine.

LOL yeah you'll be fine.
:silly:
13 years 3 months ago #11827 by Litebox Fotos
OK, let me see if I understand. You should wash your cards to get the photos off it? I don't understand that. Someone said that will damage your cards. But it's OK?

So Sandisk is good? It says "Made in China" on the side, so I wasn't sure.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024