i heard today from someone that DSLR camera can catch on fire if you are out in the sun

13 years 4 months ago #10644 by luckywish1
i will be careful when i go outside in the summer time that for sure and if it is hot i won't go out because i dont want that to happen to me

13 years 4 months ago #10646 by Karl Wertanen
:blink:
13 years 4 months ago #10647 by Stealthy Ninja

luckywish1 wrote: i will be careful when i go outside in the summer time that for sure and if it is hot i won't go out because i dont want that to happen to me

LOL the only way sun could damage your camera is if you pointed the lens directly at the sun with mirror lockup on for a long time (which could burn out your sensor).

Other than that you don't have to worry unless the temperature gets about 100º Celsius.
;)
13 years 4 months ago #10649 by Stealthy Ninja

Karl Wertanen wrote: :blink:

LOL +1
13 years 4 months ago #10650 by luckywish1
are you guys picking on me gigggles

13 years 4 months ago #10651 by Stealthy Ninja

luckywish1 wrote: are you guys picking on me gigggles

No Scotty's camera really did blow up a whole city. They just didn't put it on the news because it wasn't that interesting.

Lucky for us Scotty survived the nuclear blast by hiding in an old lead lined refrigerator.

:p
13 years 4 months ago #10653 by luckywish1
wow that is big

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #10654 by Stealthy Ninja

luckywish1 wrote: wow that is big

I believe the city's called Detroit. No one's noticed it's gone yet.
13 years 4 months ago #10669 by FMVPhotography

LOL +1

LOL +2

13 years 4 months ago #10733 by Pops
No, Penny, the camera will not blow up if you are using it in the sun. These guys are yanking your chain and having a great time with it. :D

If you point your camera directly at the sun, other than dusk or dawn, yes you can damage your sensor, film or your eyes. If the temperature gets much over 140F the electronics can get damaged. That means don't leave it locked up in the car on the back window ledge in mid Summer.

In other words, if you can be out in it, the camera can be out in it. If you don't want to be out in the sun lying on a blanket for 6 hours, so you end up looking like a boiled lobster, your camera won't like it either.

We can talk about this in class, next Wednesday.

Pops

13 years 4 months ago #10739 by Scotty

Pops wrote: No, Penny, the camera will not blow up if you are using it in the sun. These guys are yanking your chain and having a great time with it. :D

If you point your camera directly at the sun, other than dusk or dawn, yes you can damage your sensor, film or your eyes. If the temperature gets much over 140F the electronics can get damaged. That means don't leave it locked up in the car on the back window ledge in mid Summer.

In other words, if you can be out in it, the camera can be out in it. If you don't want to be out in the sun lying on a blanket for 6 hours, so you end up looking like a boiled lobster, your camera won't like it either.

We can talk about this in class, next Wednesday.

Pops

Yeah on the camera's manfucturers site, they'll have operating temperatures.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #10748 by luckywish1
thank you pops see you on wednesday pop.

13 years 4 months ago #10885 by Stealthy Ninja
Good luck pops. ;)
13 years 4 months ago #10886 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Good luck pops. ;)

+111

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #10950 by crystal
I'm not sure which is funnier. The story about Scotty's camera blowing up or someone actually believing it. LMAO Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024