was Reading 22 Steps to become a MORE Successful Photographer - Create a Web Site ?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #155199 by LovePhotography
I would LOVE to do this but Have NO Clue where to look or what to do - A few friends have Zenfolioa & Blogspot
What is a GOOD Site for a person starting Out??

LOVE This - It was from here... Love this site..

12 years 6 months ago #155260 by icepics
Setting up your own website could be a fun way to display your photos and maybe eventually have your photos seen by other people. Probably once you find out how to get started, setting up a website will be relatively easy compared to having photos that people want to come to your site to see - that's the challenge I think, to develop skills to have the best photos you can on your site.

The article listing 22 steps really zips through those steps and I think some are more important than others. Understanding how your camera works and learning photography techniques help your photos be better. Learning about the history of photography and great photographers as mentioned in the article can help develop an eye for photography. It's probably a matter of figuring out which of those suggested steps works best for you.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #155333 by LovePhotography
OH I know I LOVE it..

I love all the 22 steps - And I agree with all of them..

I have now a snapfish, shutterfly & others but looking for a more professional site - like I said my friends have those two -

I was kind of looking for names of ones that I could look into as I have no clue.

but belive me I LOVE ALL the steps and agree with all of them

12 years 6 months ago #155338 by KCook
Do you really want a Blog? Or do you really want an online gallery? So far I have not seen any hosts that do a good job of providing both. Anyways, more thoughts -

www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...-smugmug-vs-zenfolio

www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...oto-gallery-software

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #155373 by JACC0811
I've been at this point too. I have a free site with PhotoReflect, but it is a little difficult on the product set-up side, and you have to switch between setting your site up online and through a downloaded program on your PC to upload pic's and set up galleries.

So, eventually I will be closing it out and switching to Zenfolio as it seems to be the best option for what I need. I primarily do car show coverage and need a better solution for selling prints to show participants. I currently self fulfill and that can be a pain to an extent, but does give you the option to pass along any advertising, or cards with any deals you might be doing. But, Zenfolio has that option, and from what I understand, easier to deal with.

Automotive and Architectural Photography
Pop's Garage Photography - www.facebook.com/popsgaragephotography
www.popsgaragephotography.com

12 years 6 months ago #155430 by LovePhotography

KCook wrote: Do you really want a Blog? Or do you really want an online gallery? So far I have not seen any hosts that do a good job of providing both. Anyways, more thoughts -

www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...-smugmug-vs-zenfolio

www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...oto-gallery-software

Kelly Cook

I am NOT sure what I want that is why I was asking - thanks for the Links.. I will check them out..

12 years 6 months ago #155431 by LovePhotography

JACC0811 wrote: I've been at this point too. I have a free site with PhotoReflect, but it is a little difficult on the product set-up side, and you have to switch between setting your site up online and through a downloaded program on your PC to upload pic's and set up galleries.

So, eventually I will be closing it out and switching to Zenfolio as it seems to be the best option for what I need. I primarily do car show coverage and need a better solution for selling prints to show participants. I currently self fulfill and that can be a pain to an extent, but does give you the option to pass along any advertising, or cards with any deals you might be doing. But, Zenfolio has that option, and from what I understand, easier to deal with.[/quote

Great to know - I might check it out and see - It is something that I would Love to do and start up - Now comes the thinking of a NAME - I used to do hair - and I was always told that if I wanted to open a salon of my Own NEVER use your name but it seems like a TON of Photographers use their name - Maybe to get it out there? I am not sure.. THANKS..

12 years 6 months ago #155465 by Pekkea 05
Care to link to the 22 steps to become a more successful photographer? I would like to read it.

12 years 6 months ago #155515 by LovePhotography
Here ya go - I hope that it works - It is Great..

www.photographytalk.com/photography-arti...cessful-photographer

12 years 6 months ago #155583 by icepics
A lot of people who post on here give their website info. at the bottom of each post, and there are some posted near the bottom of the forum, you could look and see what other people have done.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 6 months ago #155584 by JACC0811

LovePhotography wrote: Great to know - I might check it out and see - It is something that I would Love to do and start up - Now comes the thinking of a NAME - I used to do hair - and I was always told that if I wanted to open a salon of my Own NEVER use your name but it seems like a TON of Photographers use their name - Maybe to get it out there? I am not sure.. THANKS..

As far as a name goes, the majority of photographers will go with just their name and add photography, studios, images or something long those lines, as you've seen.

I didn't go with my name because my last name isn't one that most people have an easy time pronouncing lol. And my main subjects are cars and architecture. I also work on and build custom cars on occasion. My wife and kids call me Poppa or Pop. So, I put it all together to get Pop's Garage Photography.

Automotive and Architectural Photography
Pop's Garage Photography - www.facebook.com/popsgaragephotography
www.popsgaragephotography.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024