Would you use a camera hand strap over a neck strap?

2 months 1 day ago #693784 by Alfonso Camil
I'm still using the neck strap that came with my camera, but thinking about upgrading to a hand strap.  I found one from a company called Spider Holster.  Because of Covid, not going to any stores, so I don't have the opportunity to try one of these in person.  Can you tell me if you have one and if you find it comfortable to use regularly?  

If another hand strap you would recommend, please let me know the brand and model.  
:thx2:

Alfonso 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 day ago #693788 by Shadowfixer1
I use a wrist strap almost exclusively. I still use a Black Rapid slide strap but rarely. I've tried hand straps but they never felt right to me. Lots of folks use spider holsters. There are both benefits and drawbacks to these. It is up to your preferences.  

2 months 1 day ago #693790 by Nikon Shooter
Two cameras have a hand- AND a removable neck strap.
The others have only removable neck straps.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 months 6 hours ago #693952 by David Norris
I shot a night of Netball about a month ago. 10 games over 3 adjacent courts for 4 hours.
I was using the Canon R & RF 28-70 f2 all night, so not an overly large setup.
I'm a big dude. 6ft 1, and my shoulders barely fit into a 2xl t-shirt. I can handle heavier setups fairly easily but by the 3rd hour of shooting, having the camera dangle around my neck really took its toll.

I ordered a wrist strap immediately and problem solved. I've done 3 big shoots since and no problems.

I use Peak Design and I like it.

2 months 1 hour ago #693968 by Nikon Shooter

Alfonso Camil wrote: Can you tell me if you have one and if you find it comfortable to use regularly?  

I am using two that were Nikon made. After height year at
work, they are as comfortable as new an still look great.

I just checked…

AH-4

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

1 week 2 days ago #698264 by Uplander
I use a peak design strap.  Neck straps are brutal! 

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kathy Patricia

1 week 2 days ago #698270 by Screamin Scott
I have both on my cameras. The neck strap is like a safeguard as I use the hand strap normally. The drawback of neck-straps is getting them caught on things. My hand straps are the Cotton Carrier brand.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

1 week 2 days ago #698290 by saponcpa
Neck straps

1 week 2 days ago #698303 by Shadowfixer1
I prefer a wrist strap. I do use a Black Rapid sling strap if I will be out a long time, but I ALWAYS use a wrist strap.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

The Canon EOS Rebel T5 is six years old now, but is still a viable option for beginner photographers looking for a solid camera on a budget.

Oct 08, 2020

If a medium format camera has been on your wish list for a while, you might consider the Phase One 645DF+ as an affordable option.

Oct 01, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Don't make beginner landscape photography mistakes. Instead, prepare yourself for an error-free photography outing with these quick landscape photography tips.

Oct 15, 2020

There are all kinds of uses for a field monitor for photography and videography. In this guide, learn a few features to look for when buying a field monitor.

Oct 14, 2020

In the Canon EOS RP vs Canon EOS R debate, the EOS R is clearly a better-equipped camera. But that doesn't mean you should buy it over the EOS RP.

Oct 14, 2020

The Canon EOS R6 is a fully-featured camera with specs fit for enthusiast and professional photographers.

Oct 13, 2020

When you order a metal print, you want something with vibrant colors, a solid mounting system, and high-quality metal. In this article, learn what you DON'T want to see in a metal print.

Oct 13, 2020

There are many different canvas print options you can choose from. The question is, what options do you pick for your photo? Find out in this guide!

Oct 13, 2020

If you're looking for video lighting that has DMX controls, is wireless, and offers a multitude of customization options, look no further than TEKE.

Oct 13, 2020

With these business communication tips, you'll be able to interact with your photography clients in a more meaningful and productive way.

Oct 12, 2020