Online Photography Class-are they worth the while?

13 years 5 months ago #5482 by peterpan
A friend of mine took a photography class online and others that have taking a photography class in a traditional setting and really enjoyed the class. I've thought about taking one. Is it really worth it and can you really learn about photography online or would it be better to take the class in a "regular" classroom setting?

13 years 5 months ago #5484 by Jeffster
It depends on the course and what you are willing to dedicate time wise. I'm looking a couple different courses myself. I just need more time!

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9153 by The Original Daisy

Jeffster wrote: It depends on the course and what you are willing to dedicate time wise. I'm looking a couple different courses myself. I just need more time!

So true, you can attend the best school, but if you aren't paying attention, then nothing will stick.

13 years 4 months ago #9190 by bhowdy
I have taken a few online photo classes, as well as in person classroom classes. Like everything in life .... you get out of it what you put into it. If you take an online course make sure that you ask questions ..... this can usually be done by email to the instructor.

I've had good luck with online courses here:
Perfect Picture

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #10113 by Pixelchix
I have taken both online and classroom. They both have advantages. I think I learned the most from the online, only because there was nothing distracting me and you have total control over your attention.
In a few of the classes I have taken, they were supposed to be advanced but there were way too many in the class to start with and too many people saying 'how do you turn this thing on?'
I do however value the friendships I made in those classes.

13 years 3 months ago #10128 by luckywish1
it better to take a class one on one because you can understand more if a person is just working with you. look in your area and see if you can find someone to help you. because if you do it online you won't be able to see what the teacher is talking about with you in less you are in person with them. and dslr camera take a lot of time too. you have to go step by step . so do what fit for you. i have a teacher that teaches me one on one and it work for me too. because my teacher take time to show me how the camera works. im going to love dslr camera that for sure . right now im working on a nikon film camera before i get a new camera
andmy new camera will be a nikon d3100 dslr

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024