Packard Hood Ornament

5 years 1 month ago #639911 by Shadowfixer1
5 years 1 month ago #640026 by Steve Rodriguez
Nice and shiny. I like the focus of the shot but the highlights are a bit blown. Don't you think? 

5 years 4 weeks ago #640142 by Kira Minori
Highlights are fine for me. It looks artsy in a way. Good focus by the way. 

5 years 4 weeks ago #640165 by Shadowfixer1
Highlights on the big file aren't blown. Reducing to jpg and changing color space probably blew them slightly.
5 years 4 weeks ago #640169 by Nikon Shooter

Steve Rodriguez wrote: … but the highlights are a bit blown.

Yes, at 243+ to 255, they are blown and you're right with that.

What you seem to have miss though is that whites and blacks
— and the shades in between — are the essence of an image,
specially when seen as accents in a given image.

Not all pixels must contain information but, when approach as
graphic elements, they may work pretty well… like in this one!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewavaMike
5 years 4 weeks ago #640257 by NewavaMike
Great imput !!  I like it and would love to see another more off center shot with some of the hood in it.  Maybe a 3/4 view shot ?  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 weeks ago #640322 by Sarit Kevesh
Nice pointers there. I am still learning so this is really helpful. 

5 years 4 weeks ago #640368 by NewavaMike

NewavaMike wrote: Great imput !!  

INPUT !!  IN-put !!  There is just no editing a post as soon as someone else posts after you LOL !! 

Photo Comments
5 years 3 weeks ago #640480 by Jack Mason
I don't mind thr highlights. I think it adds artistic value in it. 

5 years 3 weeks ago #640960 by Sandra-Ferrell
It's the kind of thing that I have been aiming for in my own shots:  finding art in the lines and curves of the otherwise mundane. I'm fairly new at B&W photography, but I like this shot and (for what it's worth) I think it's quite striking with good balance. 

5 years 3 weeks ago #640962 by Nikon Shooter

Sandra-Ferrell wrote: … (for what it's worth)…

Whatever… it is always legitimate in my book! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 3 weeks ago #641109 by Sara Miles
The highlights are fine. i like the contrast of the shot. It is appealing with a clear focal point. 

5 years 6 days ago #643182 by Bobby Mitchell

Shadowfixer1 wrote:

I like this shot. I think that the shot was processed really well. 

5 years 5 days ago #643338 by Alyssa Briggs
Really good contrast in this photo. Nice shot in here. 

5 years 1 day ago #643811 by Stephen Graham
Nice effect in the shot. I like the shiny highlights!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024