Troubleshooting equipment forum/area..??

11 years 4 months ago #266726 by sleeper54
Before I ask my equipment troubleshooting question . . .is there a specific forum/thread for such questions..??

Looked but did not see one.

Anyone..??

...tom...

Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #266746 by rmeyer7
I think it would depend what kind of issue you're having. For example, under the Equipment section you could ask a question specifically about a camera, lens, lighting equipment, etc. in the forums listed there. But if you're a Canon shooter and you're trying to troubleshoot any Canon gear, this is probably just as good of a place to ask.

11 years 4 months ago #266796 by sleeper54

rmeyer7 wrote: --snip--

But if you're a Canon shooter and you're trying to troubleshoot any Canon gear, this is probably just as good of a place to ask.

Thanks for the response..!!

I will try asking here...

The LCD screen on my point-n-shoot powershot 1400 has suddenly gone really dark. Wifey grabbed it to take some pictures last night . . .and it just quit working for her.

No better for me either. The pics she was taking and ones I took after her downloaded OK and look OK. So I think it is taking the pics correctly . . .just not displaying them properly.

So I am thinking the LCD display has gone bad for some reason..??

Just wondered if others have experienced this. If it is something 'fixable'. Trying to make sure I/we did not 'change' something that would make it behave like this.

Perhaps something related to this problem found at another site, for laptops. The Dim Screen section down the page..??

Thanks in advance for any info/experience anyone can share..!!

...tom...

Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #266831 by Henry Peach
Most cameras have some sort of LCD adjustment. For instance on my point-n-shoot I can set it to automatically adjust so it's bright enough for viewing, or so it accurately reflects my exposure settings, or extra bright for outdoors in sunlight. Make sure you haven't accidentally changed your LCD settings. if you haven't then it's probably malfunctioned.
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #266999 by rmeyer7
:agree:
That answer sums it up. There are probably settings you can check. Although it may be harder to see them if the screen is dark... But try to find them and try different settings (look in the owners manual to see where those settings are). If you can't get it to display properly, then it's some sort of malfunction. If it's still under some a manufacturer warranty I'm sure you can get it either fixed or replaced by contacting Canon. If not, fixing it might cost more than replacing it.

11 years 3 months ago #268572 by sleeper54
Thanks to all that replied...

Took my camera to my local camera shop, one that I trust obviously, and he agreed that is was prolly a display problem. The pics taken with the camera are OK when downloaded . . .just do not display correctly 'on camera'.

Of course with the display just as screwed up when trying to take a picture ...it is virtually unusable.

All camera repair is outsourced ...he guesstimated probable repair cost would be more than the camera is worth.

So . . .guess I am in the market for a new camera. Suppose I should start browsing the threads here.

Thanks again to all who responded.

...tom...

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024