Surface book owners, are you upgrading?

7 years 6 months ago #503474 by Stacy Craig
MS just released the updated version of the Surface Book.  I bought one last year after reading great reviews from PT.  However shortly after getting mine, the battery life was horrible and mine over heated every so often.  Which from my research looks like a common issue.  

From what I gather MS has addressed these with the new release.  It's supposed to be faster and not supposed to heat up.  Plus the battery life is better.  

So, you think round 2 is going to be worth the bucks?  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #503521 by Ian Stone
I'm going to wait to see the reviews on the graphics and battery life.  That new Surface Studio looks pretty sweet too!  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #503532 by ThatNikonGuy
Pre-ordered and waiting as of yesterday

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #503850 by Joe Vertz
+1 on waiting to see what the reviews look like.  I hope the screen freezing issue was taken care of. 

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504273 by Gammill
I'm about 90% sure I'm going too.  Had a quick video question on it.  Bummer they didn't have the 4k video.  I'm guessing Surface Book 2 will have it.   That new Surface Studio is pretty sweet as well.  MS is going to drain my complete tech budget this year as I might pick up one of those too!  That dial is crazy.  Apple is dropping the ball.  Thought they would have stepped up the MacBook Pro redesign a little.  They didn't, so rather than getting a new MacBook, I'll be looking at upgrading to the new Surface.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504387 by Rawley Photos
Yes, picking up one for my wife and myself around Black Friday.   Want to wait to see if any good deals.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504391 by srubio77
It looks like a really great piece of machinery, but it's a huge investment. I'm going to wait on reviews and see what others have to say before I jump into anything

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504447 by Frank The Tank
Not any time soon, I just bought mine 2 months ago.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504523 by One Wish
Funny, I was just talking to my wife about this over the weekend.  Since I bought my Surface Book, my wife has been teasing me about wanting this computer.  So, I'll be getting the new one and she is going to have my old.  She only wants it to surf her websites at night.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #504587 by No Show
Not the Surface Book, however that Surface Studio does look pretty nice.  

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #504731 by digitalpimp

Rawley Photos wrote: Yes, picking up one for my wife and myself around Black Friday.   Want to wait to see if any good deals.  

Wishful thinking if you hoping for discounts on their new.  Most likely just older Surface Pro's or last years Surface Book.  Which either way are great machines. 

Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #509299 by Giovani Rice
I had a Surface Pro 2 and moved to Surface book after Black Friday!  Does that count?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024