PhotoShop discussion

13 years 7 months ago #589 by soccermom
In this digital age, post processing skill is just dominating the necessary photographic skill. Many good photographers are not necessarily a good photoshoper. Once upon a time I considered that there was a big difference between a photographer and a painter because the painter could paint anything according to his imagination but a photographer could not, but in this digital age I think this difference no longer exists. Do you think it is a transformation?

13 years 7 months ago #931 by getmoving
Very interesting discussion! Even though post processing allow even an amateur to make almost pro pictures you still have to know a little about photography or you'll wind up totally messing up the picture instead of making it better.

13 years 7 months ago #1080 by youngrebel
I agree but it also takes some skill to get the photo's to look right.

13 years 7 months ago #1537 by cloud9floating
I think the original idea for coming out with photo editing programs is so even the most basic amateur can have a decent looking photo to share.

13 years 6 months ago #1695 by handyandy
All the replies here have validity but also consider a photographer taking the same shot 3 times at different f stops and putting them together to make one photo. Without a program like photoshop then digital photography would just be point and shoot. It's a new age and with new technologies we can make natural art oven better.

13 years 6 months ago #2320 by mysweetbowtique
I recently got PhotoShop and I am not sure if I understand it. I can't really get it to do any improvements on my photos.

13 years 6 months ago #2522 by photoBob
yeah photoshop can be pretty complex if you haven't used it before. There are some good basic photo editors out there that can do pretty much all you need, and they don't cost as much ether. As to the art/photography question, they used to say "a photograph never lies" thats not the case any more!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024