about netbooks

13 years 7 months ago #791 by scatteredbrain
Does anyone use a netbook. I have my eye on dell inspiron as I have an inspiron laptop and can't fault it. I find the laptop a bit big for mainly browsing the net. So thinking of a netbook. If you do have and use one any chance of a bit of feedback letting me know how you get on with it?

13 years 7 months ago #1086 by youngrebel
I hear net books are nice, but I'd never trade my laptop for one. Laptops/notebooks usually have more HD space, more RAM, and all around better performance. My cousins kids are home schooled, their school supplies a netbook for their schooling and they are constantly having issues with the computers.

13 years 7 months ago #1126 by meesha719
I'd have to say Notebooks are better for the fact that they are easier to upgrade and you can do more with them.

13 years 7 months ago #1283 by eaglesnest
Netbooks have come a long way but I still wouldn't trade my laptop for one. Better RAM and better storage space, oh, usually better graphics too.

13 years 7 months ago #1359 by mitsugrly
I would have to agree with everyone else here because simply put netbooks just are not that great for many reasons.

13 years 7 months ago #1522 by MyChucky
My experience is that netbooks are not better than laptops. They just don't have the speed, hard drive space, nor the RAM to do much of anything.

13 years 6 months ago #2814 by Cameron
My netbook has over 100GB which is more than enough for browsing the web and knocking off the odd letter in word. If you really need more then just get a usb memory card to plug in, or an external hard disk! The only real problem I find is installing software from CD, but most of the time you can download software from the website.

13 years 6 months ago #3054 by buzzzriderz

Cameron wrote: My netbook has over 100GB which is more than enough for browsing the web and knocking off the odd letter in word. If you really need more then just get a usb memory card to plug in, or an external hard disk! The only real problem I find is installing software from CD, but most of the time you can download software from the website.

This is interesting! I guess there have been a few improvements to the netbooks.

13 years 6 months ago #3161 by Cameron
I've even managed to hook mine up to my TV and watched a few TV programmes off uTube with it, so not too bad. Although not as powerful as laptops, they do use the latest technology, which helps.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024