Just shot my first RAW photo shoot and i need some help with it

12 years 6 months ago #157210 by butterflygirl921
I just did this photo shoot in raw and most of the photos came out pixelated after i was done editing. I didn't do any editing to this photo all i did was just switch it to jpeg and it looks like this. I need some help.

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #157282 by butterflygirl921
Anyone??

12 years 6 months ago #157283 by Papabear63
hey Amanda, this does not look pixelated to me at all. if anything i would have turned him so so the shadow would not cover his right side, but other than that it looks very good

12 years 6 months ago #157286 by butterflygirl921
Thank you papa bear.....yea my cousin was saying it looked pixalated to him.....he doesnt know anything about pictures i just wanted a second opinion

12 years 6 months ago #157293 by Psmurf
Your picture does look pixcelated to me but remember JPEG is compressed so you lose info did he look at it in print or on the computer I notice that when I do work on my home computer they do look a little pixcilated but at school on the mac they look fine

12 years 6 months ago #157295 by butterflygirl921
On my pc

12 years 6 months ago #157312 by Stealthy Ninja
What program are you using to edit the RAW files?
12 years 6 months ago #157344 by chasrich
Aren't all photos pixelated if you peep close enough? This looks fine to me.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 6 months ago #157366 by butterflygirl921
I'm using lightroom 3

Thats what i was thinking but it's a little too much It's really confusing to me.

12 years 6 months ago #157370 by photobod
On my screen this looks like a perfectly good photo, I think your cousin is trying to make himself look clever and knowledgable, unfortunately he isnt, a perfectly good photo :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #157372 by butterflygirl921

photobod wrote: On my screen this looks like a perfectly good photo, I think your cousin is trying to make himself look clever and knowledgable, unfortunately he isnt, a perfectly good photo :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rofl: This could be

12 years 6 months ago #157375 by photobod

butterflygirl921 wrote:

photobod wrote: On my screen this looks like a perfectly good photo, I think your cousin is trying to make himself look clever and knowledgable, unfortunately he isnt, a perfectly good photo :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rofl: This could be

Lightroom 3 is a great piece of software I find I am using it far mor PS cs5.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 6 months ago #157584 by butterflygirl921
I love it.

12 years 6 months ago #157595 by Towcestermark
I looked at this with my glasses on and it still looked good

12 years 6 months ago #158261 by Henry Peach

butterflygirl921 wrote: I didn't do any editing to this photo all i did was just switch it to jpeg and it looks like this.

Switch it to jpeg using LR3? Then it was processed using default processing settings of the software (unless you've saved new ones). It may need more sharpening and noise reduction. Those are usually turned up in the default, in-camera, jpeg processing.

If it is actually pixilated instead of noisy then you have some sort of image resizing set when you are exporting to jpeg.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024