The proof is in the print. Check out the difference using quality paper makes.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #275377 by blinden

Here's a test where you can see two prints being made. One on premium quality inkjet paper and the other on bargain brand paper. It should be noted that the bargain brand paper used was a supposed high quality bargain brand.

Enjoy!!!

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com
www.facebook.com/FinestraArt

www.lindenphoto.net
[img]images/stories/finestraart_signature.jpg

11 years 1 month ago #275450 by Julie Staas
Slow moving video, but I could see the difference at the end. Tough to see, but I did notice the difference with the blacks. :thumbsup:

Country Girl out for a stroll
Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #275453 by blinden
Thank you for the feedback :). I'm glad the difference comes through somewhat. It is such a challenge to show differences in video but it's pretty drastic when you see the prints next to each other.

The non Finestra print not only has blocky blacks but it is much duller than ours as well. Too many people think paper is paper and unfortunately that's just not the case but always a challenge to show unless you see the prints yourself.

I could speed things up but there's usually someone who thinks there is some sort of thing being done to make one look better than another so showing the full print process of two consecutive prints was the only way I could prove the test is a fair one :).

Thank you for checking it out and for the feedback :)

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com

www.lindenphoto.net

11 years 1 month ago #275460 by Ian Stone
I had to watch the end a couple times to see the difference. Perhaps easier to see on larger screen. What printer were they using there?

Photo Comments
11 years 1 month ago #275465 by blinden
Printed with Epson R2400 with ImagePrint RIP :)

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com

www.lindenphoto.net

11 years 1 month ago #275604 by Wildfire
Can someone link me please?

11 years 1 month ago #275607 by blinden

Wildfire wrote: Can someone link me please?

Are you looking for where to buy? If so finestraart.com, just look at the left column and choose the paper type you are looking for. This video was on premium glossy, there's another posted yesterday of Finestra metallic papers.

Cheers,
Bryan

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com

www.lindenphoto.net

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024