watermark software

12 years 10 months ago #79987 by lillton
I want to purchase some watermarking software. What do the pro's use?

12 years 10 months ago #79989 by goli
most of use photoshop for watermarking via action script that's automated

12 years 10 months ago #79991 by lillton

goli wrote: most of use photoshop for watermarking via action script that's automated

But then how do you do it if you have a portrait and landscape orientation? Or else the watermark wont be in the right spot?

12 years 10 months ago #79995 by goli
for instance lets say you shoot landscape and your images are 1680 x1119 well you create the script for this size and name it landscape watermark let's say so now going forward any pictures you have at that resolution will have the watermark

Now let's say you take portraits example size 1200 x1680 create another script and call it portrait watermark.

This will cover both of your shooting modes at those resolution.It will just be a matter of which size pictures you will be working with you can create as many scripts as you would like.

12 years 10 months ago #79997 by lillton
Thank you. Well I just saw how much photoshop cost, that wont be happening. Anyone know of any other software?

12 years 10 months ago #80339 by Johnnie
You can down FREE Open Source Programs: Gimp and Paint.Net. There is little learning curve to them but very good alternatives to Photoshop and Pain Shop Pro. Many tutorials are available on the internet.

12 years 10 months ago #80365 by TheNissanMan
I use a set of scripts put together by a member of another forum called Cowasaki EBS Scriptwriter which runs through a number of program, for me CS5. Extremely flexible as you can get it to do what you want from place a watermark over a percentage of the image, resize, border and copy exif into a border etc...

I tend to do all my PP saving the miages I like in a set folder then run the script as a batch resizing all images to 1024, add a bit of sharpening and adding a small amount of EXIF data eg...

Nice quick and easy, I appreciate the example given is not a watermark but as of yet I have not found a watermark I would be happy to place on my images but the same program does it with ease...

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #81287 by qualityresults
I use Fast Sone Resizer it's free and does watermarking framing and resizing, on one or many pictures at a time, can use text or image watermarks, as well as other options

Fast Stone Resizer

12 years 10 months ago #81289 by robbie

qualityresults wrote: I use Fast Sone Resizer it's free and does watermarking framing and resizing, on one or many pictures at a time, can use text or image watermarks, as well as other options

Fast Stone Resizer

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Good posting allround,thanks for the link which is bookmarked.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024