redbubble.com

12 years 1 month ago #214104 by lindar68
i have had a few enquiries asking if im selling my work...and i would love to do this and was pointed in the direction of red bubble..... however i was also told that once your work is a popular seller the ompany delete your account and sell your photos and keep the money... not entirely sure if this is true , but prefer to get some feedback from you guys first ,if you have dealt with or know someone who has please let me know...
there is a facebook page started by one guy not sure if its just this guy with a gripe about something or not lol ....
look forward to hearing from you all

Linda.

Linda Reid Photography

finished my NQ in photography at college

www.flickr.com/photos/lindar1968

12 years 1 month ago #214137 by crystal
WOW, where did you hear that? Once you become popular the company deletes your account and keeps your money???? umm...NO. That is completely untrue.

I am on redbubble. Although I only have about 5 photos on redbubble and I can't remember the last time I sign on, I have never heard of such a thing. I belong to several groups on redbubble and have become friends with fellow photographers who do sell on redbubble.

The process of redbubble, you upload, if/when you sell, redbubble will take care of the printing/shipping to the customer and will send you money.

If redbubble or any site for that matter, did what you heard...they would not be in business for long.

People will start facebook pages to complain because they can. Redbubble is a good site, I've been on it for years. Also check out fineartamerica.com If you are into selling more prints you might be better off with fineart. If you want to sell prints, tshirt etc.. go with redbubble, but there is also cafepress and zazzle that is also like redbubble, where you can sell your photos on products.
12 years 1 month ago #214367 by lindar68
thanks Crystal, i had set up an account and put 5 pics up to sell and a friend told me about redbubble and gave me a link to the facebook page,so to be on the safe side i deleted the account till i found out more, was just being cautious ...im from the uk so i know that redbubble deals with sterling and a few other currencies....i just really want to sell prints or canvasses..

thanks for the heads up greatly appreciated :)

Linda Reid Photography

12 years 1 month ago #214394 by Sandy Smith Photos
That doesn't sound right, and certainly can't be legal.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindar68
12 years 1 month ago #214989 by orion

lindar68 wrote: i have had a few enquiries asking if im selling my work...and i would love to do this and was pointed in the direction of red bubble..... however i was also told that once your work is a popular seller the ompany delete your account and sell your photos and keep the money... not entirely sure if this is true , but prefer to get some feedback from you guys first ,if you have dealt with or know someone who has please let me know...
there is a facebook page started by one guy not sure if its just this guy with a gripe about something or not lol ....

Linda.

For those of you who were wondering about the redbubble problem...this is the sites that Linda is talking about, it might have been me that mentioned the problems with redbubble when I heard about it....thats why I suggested posting a topic on here. Ive never heard of redbubble, but one person that i know uses stock photography sites is Steve Heap.

www.facebook.com/pages/RedBubble-Theft-Scam/192098920864119

redbubble-scam.blogspot.co.uk/

Like i say, i dont use them, so cannot comment......anyones thoughts on the 2 sites?

12 years 1 month ago #215151 by crystal

orion wrote:

lindar68 wrote: i have had a few enquiries asking if im selling my work...and i would love to do this and was pointed in the direction of red bubble..... however i was also told that once your work is a popular seller the ompany delete your account and sell your photos and keep the money... not entirely sure if this is true , but prefer to get some feedback from you guys first ,if you have dealt with or know someone who has please let me know...

Linda.

For those of you who were wondering about the redbubble problem...this is the sites that Linda is talking about, it might have been me that mentioned the problems with redbubble when I heard about it....thats why I suggested posting a topic on here. Ive never heard of redbubble, but one person that i know uses stock photography sites is Steve Heap.

www.facebook.com/pages/RedBubble-Theft-Scam/192098920864119

redbubble-scam.blogspot.co.uk/

Like i say, i dont use them, so cannot comment......anyones thoughts on the 2 sites?

I never saw the two links you posted until now. I have been a reddubble member for probably about 2yrs, but like I said above, I barely sign on to them, to upload photos or to market my work from there. I do know a few photographers who do sell, now are they selling enough (in redbubble's eyes) to become popular..I don't know. But I do know, if redbubble is actually doing this, more then one or two people would be complaining.

One of the reasons I really don't bother with redbubble much is because I have done price comparsion and they are expensive. For a image on a tshirt, their base price is a few dollars more then cafepress, zazzle, etc.. So then when you add your markup, just to make something back..that tshirt is a tad pricey (IMO)
12 years 1 month ago #215467 by heathth
I have been a member of Red Bubble for 1 1/2 years now.Have had several sales and Red Bubble have never closed my accout.Not only is Red Bubble a site to sell your photography but also a place to meet new friends as well as critique on your work as well.I must admit though you do need to promote your work from there to other sites to get your photography noticed.Eg.share your work from there to your Blog,Google + etc.Hope this has cleared your mind a little!
Cheers,
Heather

12 years 1 month ago #215471 by chasrich

heathth wrote: I have been a member of Red Bubble for 1 1/2 years now.Have had several sales and Red Bubble have never closed my accout.Not only is Red Bubble a site to sell your photography but also a place to meet new friends as well as critique on your work as well.I must admit though you do need to promote your work from there to other sites to get your photography noticed.Eg.share your work from there to your Blog,Google + etc.Hope this has cleared your mind a little!
Cheers,
Heather

:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan Thanks for contributing to our information flow. I hope you like it here... :woohoo: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 1 month ago #215476 by lindar68
think i will check out cafepress and zazzle before i do anything .... thank you for your help :)

Linda Reid Photography

12 years 1 month ago #215479 by lindar68

heathth wrote: I have been a member of Red Bubble for 1 1/2 years now.Have had several sales and Red Bubble have never closed my accout.Not only is Red Bubble a site to sell your photography but also a place to meet new friends as well as critique on your work as well.I must admit though you do need to promote your work from there to other sites to get your photography noticed.Eg.share your work from there to your Blog,Google + etc.Hope this has cleared your mind a little!
Cheers,
Heather

thanks for the heads up Heather :)

Linda Reid Photography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024