Pricing for Corporate Headshots

13 years 1 month ago #56463 by qualityresults
Trying to figure out what pricing I should use.

I have 17 People that I have to do head shots (midchest up) (8x10 digital)

These are for a major corporation.

If I was doing prints it would be easy. The kicker is they only want digital.

So trying to establish a price frame is kind of the issue.

Do I charge on a price per picture, or package pricing. Approximately 2 hours of shooting and another hour or so of processing.

All the images are the same format only the subject changes.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #56734 by photobod
Charge for you time and the disc, I would say £150.00 per hour minimum this should cover your expenses also.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The following user(s) said Thank You: qualityresults
13 years 1 month ago #60715 by devils fan

photobod wrote: Charge for you time and the disc, I would say £150.00 per hour minimum this should cover your expenses also.

:agree: make sure whatever you charger for CD is enough to cover the cost. Since they will have the picture on CD they can print as often as they wish.

13 years 1 week ago #85835 by mstrozewski
Since it's just headshots, I wouldn't charge per the hour unless you were doing over a hundred headshots. I would charge by the head. $10-20 per person, your travel time (unless it's in studio then obviously they come to you); then throw 1 image of each person on the disc. The company I work for offers corporate headshots and for one person, they get 3 poses on a disc and I believe 1-8 x 10 or something similar...the price for that alone is around $70 with a copyright release. $150 is kind of cheap for that kind of work. But that is just my opinion...

13 years 1 week ago #85837 by MLKstudios
150 pounds sterling equals about $250.00 US dollars. That's per hour. A fair price.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

2 years 3 months ago #732754 by cgreenslade
For this number of people, you are better off charging a half day rate. This is as you will need to travel, bring your kit and tear down. It's not worth charging by the hour or image.

1 year 9 months ago #742799 by LeonieEiffel
You may find different type of photographer and the charge you $15-40 per hour. We are photo editing team if you need sometime to edit your photo then we are happy to here from you. Thanks

5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #760289 by isabellasophie

qualityresults wrote: Trying to figure out what pricing I should use Sara Anne Wilson Photography

I have 17 People that I have to do head shots (midchest up) (8x10 digital)

These are for a major corporation.

If I was doing prints it would be easy. The kicker is they only want digital.

So trying to establish a price frame is kind of the issue.

Do I charge on a price per picture, or package pricing. Approximately 2 hours of shooting and another hour or so of processing.

All the images are the same format only the subject changes.

I have a few people wanting me to do photos for them. I have no clue what to charge for my time. Does anyone have any idea's of what studio's typically charge for sessions and poses, outfit changes etc?? any help is appreciated.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

What is aspect ratio, and what does it mean for the presentation of your images? Use this beginner photography guide to get all the details!

Jun 20, 2024

Lake photography is a fun type of landscape photography because of all the different compositional options you have. With these tips, get the best possible results!

Jun 19, 2024

The ideal portrait photography location is out there; it's a simple matter of finding it! Using this guide, you can discover the best places for outdoor portraits!

Jun 17, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Canon R8 is a budget-friendly full frame camera with high-end photo and video features. In other words, there are plenty of reasons to upgrade to an R8!

Jun 14, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024