Pricing for Corporate Headshots

12 years 10 months ago #56463 by qualityresults
Trying to figure out what pricing I should use.

I have 17 People that I have to do head shots (midchest up) (8x10 digital)

These are for a major corporation.

If I was doing prints it would be easy. The kicker is they only want digital.

So trying to establish a price frame is kind of the issue.

Do I charge on a price per picture, or package pricing. Approximately 2 hours of shooting and another hour or so of processing.

All the images are the same format only the subject changes.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #56734 by photobod
Charge for you time and the disc, I would say £150.00 per hour minimum this should cover your expenses also.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The following user(s) said Thank You: qualityresults
12 years 10 months ago #60715 by devils fan

photobod wrote: Charge for you time and the disc, I would say £150.00 per hour minimum this should cover your expenses also.

:agree: make sure whatever you charger for CD is enough to cover the cost. Since they will have the picture on CD they can print as often as they wish.

12 years 9 months ago #85835 by mstrozewski
Since it's just headshots, I wouldn't charge per the hour unless you were doing over a hundred headshots. I would charge by the head. $10-20 per person, your travel time (unless it's in studio then obviously they come to you); then throw 1 image of each person on the disc. The company I work for offers corporate headshots and for one person, they get 3 poses on a disc and I believe 1-8 x 10 or something similar...the price for that alone is around $70 with a copyright release. $150 is kind of cheap for that kind of work. But that is just my opinion...

12 years 9 months ago #85837 by MLKstudios
150 pounds sterling equals about $250.00 US dollars. That's per hour. A fair price.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

2 years 1 month ago #732754 by cgreenslade
For this number of people, you are better off charging a half day rate. This is as you will need to travel, bring your kit and tear down. It's not worth charging by the hour or image.

1 year 6 months ago #742799 by LeonieEiffel
You may find different type of photographer and the charge you $15-40 per hour. We are photo editing team if you need sometime to edit your photo then we are happy to here from you. Thanks

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #760289 by isabellasophie

qualityresults wrote: Trying to figure out what pricing I should use Sara Anne Wilson Photography

I have 17 People that I have to do head shots (midchest up) (8x10 digital)

These are for a major corporation.

If I was doing prints it would be easy. The kicker is they only want digital.

So trying to establish a price frame is kind of the issue.

Do I charge on a price per picture, or package pricing. Approximately 2 hours of shooting and another hour or so of processing.

All the images are the same format only the subject changes.

I have a few people wanting me to do photos for them. I have no clue what to charge for my time. Does anyone have any idea's of what studio's typically charge for sessions and poses, outfit changes etc?? any help is appreciated.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024