Fujifilm X-Pro2 vs Sony A6300?

7 years 6 months ago #496885 by Joe Peterson
I just posted a thread in the Canon section regarding Canon's new mirrorless.  Actually I've been shopping around for a mirrorless and was wondering if the Fujifilm X-Pro2 vs Sony A6300 was even a comparison?  They both get great reviews.  However I looks like the Fuji might have more glass as the perk?

Thoughts?

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #497650 by MYoung
Both are such great cameras.  Tough call, I would go with the A6300.  Well, the Fuji will have more lens options.  

Photo Comments
7 years 5 months ago #502039 by effron

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 4 months ago #506411 by Stealthy Ninja
Xpro2 is more of a professional camera, especially good for stealthy shooting and street stuff. Great for the style of events/weddings where you try and blend in and get candid shots.

The Sony is OK, but it has major overheating issues and is less of a professional tool. Plus... it's a Sony...

Fuji ONLY do APS-C (and Medium Format now) so you're getting lenses designed for APS-C and also designed to cover similar focal lengths that are common with FF. For example the 50-140 2.8 OIS is like a 70-200 2.8 IS/VR. The 23mm 1.4 is a 35 1.4 and so on.

Fuji have better colour IMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amatula
7 years 4 months ago #506412 by Stealthy Ninja

effron wrote: www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-b...ducts=fujifilm_xpro2

Ah the old "on paper" comparison.  Sony always put more features into their products, so they look great on paper.  The issues come in real life use.  Ergonomics on the A6300 is inferior to the Xpro2 (for me at least) the colours aren't as good and it has a lot of issues with heat.   It does have some more bells and whistles but the Xpro2 is a photographers camera the A6300 is a gadget enthusiasts camera. 

Then there's the lenses.  Fuji lenses are nearly all excellent. Sony... meh.

Then there's the major difference.  IT's called Kaizen.  It's a Japanese philosophy of continuous improvement.  Fuji is well known for improving their cameras significantly through firmware updates. Already the Xpro2 has had a major AF firmware update, bringing the AF to the point it's as good as the XT2 in base configuration.  I predict Fuji will bring 4K to the Xpro2 as well at some point in the future.  

With Sony (and Canon and Nikon often) if you want new features, you have to buy the next model.  With Fuji, wait a year and you'll basically have a brand new camera for free. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: amatula
2 years 9 months ago #718815 by Dan-BeechCreek
Go Fuji. Usually you may pay a bit more but it's worth it. I have two Fuji Cameras - X-S10 and the X-T3. I may sell my X-S10. Long story short, the S10 is younger and sexier and does both great photos and movies but The X-T3 is imprinted in my brain and I can't jump over to the S10. I wish I would have spent the money on a new lens instead.

2 years 9 months ago #718818 by Shadowfixer1
I think the decision was probably made 4 and 1/2 years ago. If they are still debating which one, they will never decide.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024