Fujifilm X-Pro2 vs Sony A6300?

6 years 2 weeks ago #496885 by Joe Peterson
I just posted a thread in the Canon section regarding Canon's new mirrorless.  Actually I've been shopping around for a mirrorless and was wondering if the Fujifilm X-Pro2 vs Sony A6300 was even a comparison?  They both get great reviews.  However I looks like the Fuji might have more glass as the perk?

Thoughts?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #497650 by MYoung
Both are such great cameras.  Tough call, I would go with the A6300.  Well, the Fuji will have more lens options.  

Photo Comments

5 years 11 months ago #502039 by effron

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

5 years 10 months ago #506411 by Stealthy Ninja
Xpro2 is more of a professional camera, especially good for stealthy shooting and street stuff. Great for the style of events/weddings where you try and blend in and get candid shots.

The Sony is OK, but it has major overheating issues and is less of a professional tool. Plus... it's a Sony...

Fuji ONLY do APS-C (and Medium Format now) so you're getting lenses designed for APS-C and also designed to cover similar focal lengths that are common with FF. For example the 50-140 2.8 OIS is like a 70-200 2.8 IS/VR. The 23mm 1.4 is a 35 1.4 and so on.

Fuji have better colour IMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amatula

5 years 10 months ago #506412 by Stealthy Ninja

effron wrote: www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-b...ducts=fujifilm_xpro2

Ah the old "on paper" comparison.  Sony always put more features into their products, so they look great on paper.  The issues come in real life use.  Ergonomics on the A6300 is inferior to the Xpro2 (for me at least) the colours aren't as good and it has a lot of issues with heat.   It does have some more bells and whistles but the Xpro2 is a photographers camera the A6300 is a gadget enthusiasts camera. 

Then there's the lenses.  Fuji lenses are nearly all excellent. Sony... meh.

Then there's the major difference.  IT's called Kaizen.  It's a Japanese philosophy of continuous improvement.  Fuji is well known for improving their cameras significantly through firmware updates. Already the Xpro2 has had a major AF firmware update, bringing the AF to the point it's as good as the XT2 in base configuration.  I predict Fuji will bring 4K to the Xpro2 as well at some point in the future.  

With Sony (and Canon and Nikon often) if you want new features, you have to buy the next model.  With Fuji, wait a year and you'll basically have a brand new camera for free. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: amatula

1 year 3 months ago #718815 by Dan-BeechCreek
Go Fuji. Usually you may pay a bit more but it's worth it. I have two Fuji Cameras - X-S10 and the X-T3. I may sell my X-S10. Long story short, the S10 is younger and sexier and does both great photos and movies but The X-T3 is imprinted in my brain and I can't jump over to the S10. I wish I would have spent the money on a new lens instead.

1 year 3 months ago #718818 by Shadowfixer1
I think the decision was probably made 4 and 1/2 years ago. If they are still debating which one, they will never decide.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is an older camera, but has modern capabilities like 4K video that make it a great option for today's photographers.

Sep 13, 2022

The Sony Alpha 7c mirrorless digital camera is a compact full frame rig that is an excellent introduction to shooting with a full frame body.

Aug 25, 2022

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

Latest Articles

Our 2022 list of the best gifts for photographers under $1,000 includes everything from cameras to bags to data backups. Check the list and start shopping!

Sep 29, 2022

The metal vs canvas prints debate is an interesting one. Which type is best for your photos? In this guide, we give you several criteria to help you decide.

Sep 28, 2022

The Canon EOS RP specs don’t compare to high-end full frame cameras. However, this camera is still well-equipped and is a great buy for entry-level shooters.

Sep 27, 2022

A modern wall art display is a beautiful addition to a home or business. In this beginner tutorial, learn some quick and simple tips for creating a display

Sep 26, 2022

The new GoPro Hero 11 look exactly like its predecessor, but under the hood are a ton of changes, including a new sensor, that make the Hero 11 a major upgrade.

Sep 22, 2022

You can get a portrait print in any size you like, on various papers, and in multiple orientations. The question is, what’s best for your particular image?

Sep 21, 2022

By using wholesale photography products, you can offer your clients beautiful products and give them more choice while giving yourself room for a nice profit.

Sep 21, 2022

A lens pouch offers advantages over a camera bag, including easy access to gear for quick shots. In this guide, learn more about the benefits of lens pouches.

Sep 19, 2022