Huge moon

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140484 by John37
Just messing with editing again. In this photo I took a moon from another photo of JUST the moon and placed it in as a layer. I wasn't able to figure out how to make the clouds show in front of the moon. But I'll get it eventually. I'll post a pic of the original too. Thanks for looking

Here's the original

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #140486 by MLKstudios
First save as a JPEG 800 to 1200 pixels wide, then upload it.

HTH

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #140487 by John37
You're too quick! :)

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140488 by MLKstudios
Was worth the wait. Not sure you need the moon or clouds though. The bridge alone is excellent.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #140507 by chasrich
Great job. I just love the magic that comes with a good editing application. Is that a tiny ET I see flying across the moon? :rofl:

:judge: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #140512 by rmeyer7
Cool concept, that huge moon over the bridge is a fun idea :)

Only thing that I noticed right away is that the dark outline around the moon makes it look like it was added from a different photo. There are a few ways you could blend it in a little more -- possibly dodging around the outline of the moon, or burn around it in the sky on the background layer. Or just adjust the levels of the background layer if you can without making the whole image too dark. There's just so much fun stuff to try with this, it's making me want to do something similar just to play around with the images :) For example, you could even have the moon cast some light onto the bridge and have fun with that as well. Lots of possibilities and I like what you've got already!

12 years 7 months ago #140526 by photobod
good post processing i like it :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #140527 by MLKstudios
Even if I am the only one in the entire world, I like the original (small moon) best.

:)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #140549 by John37
lol... I, too, like the original best. But the spirit of this idea is editing play and practice. Thank you for the feedback. I'll mess with the moon edges a little more as suggested. I noticed the same issue with the edges but I couldn't figure out to remedy the issue. I ended up messing with the opacity, which seemed to be a step in the right direction.
Thanks again!

12 years 7 months ago #140586 by rmeyer7

John37 wrote: lol... I, too, like the original best. But the spirit of this idea is editing play and practice. Thank you for the feedback. I'll mess with the moon edges a little more as suggested. I noticed the same issue with the edges but I couldn't figure out to remedy the issue. I ended up messing with the opacity, which seemed to be a step in the right direction.
Thanks again!

Hmmm, the opacity idea made me think of something else. What if you clone it in from the other image, with enough edge feathering it might look more natural.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024