Please Review My photos

12 years 7 months ago #147650 by mmorers

12 years 7 months ago #147655 by chakkaradeep
Looks like you can adjust exposure for some of the shots - some are brighter and some are dark. The focus in the closeup shots can be improved.

Also, the copyright theme you have adopted is making it difficult to view the photo.

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 7 months ago #147673 by Psmurf
I do like a couple of them and agree that the copyright in a bad spot ... My problem with them and trust me I have this very same problem so I am not saying that your a poor photographer there just not very intresting and contrast is blah ..... As I said I have the same problem lately it seems..

12 years 7 months ago #147687 by robbie
Your main problem is setting up your camera in the first place,all of your images with clouds are blown which tells me that you
are not taking the clouds into consideration when you shoot.It`s not easy controlling the clouds in strong sunlight but my technique is
to shoot in raw with -ec and using brackets.Try starting at -.3 ec,the most important thing is to prevent blown highlights,you might
some dark areas which your raw converter can bring back quite easily.[I don`t know the intensity of the sun hence the -.3 starting
point plus you will get the feel of your camera/lens setup]Your watermark is quite distracting as stated by the others.
Hang in there you will improve,your willingness to ask for critiques show that you want to.
I was worst than you when I first started.

12 years 6 months ago #149068 by Bob Eaton
How do you like this photo?

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #149074 by Imagegourmet
The biggest problem I see is composition, in order to capture your viewers attention you need to emphasize your POI (point of interest) use objects in the scene to lead the eye to your POI
12 years 6 months ago #149085 by KCook
For starters I would shoot it with less contrast. Promising subject, but you may need to get out on the water in a boat for the best angle!

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #149093 by chasrich
To the original poster... The link fails to load for me.

To the secondary poster Bob...

I like the shot. It reminds me of a shot I tried last year. In your version the frame is a clutter of intrests. It takes awhile to look around in this little world you have captured and maybe half the subjects have no need to be there (except to the owners perhaps :rofl: ). For me the primary subject it the pretty colors of the boats and their reflection on the water. I would try to crop out some things like the house, the boat in the water on the left and the shrubs on the right. I would also lose the reflected sky at the bottom.

Did I leave anything behind to look at? The focus on the reflection seems a little soft. Even though I see the water is not perfectly still the focus could be sharpened more. In camera try a higher number f/stop to increase DOF and focus to a half way point that hopefully will have the boats and the reflection sharp. The boats are bright colors that look faded and sun bleached. I'd turn down the exposure or try the burn tool on them to see if we can bring up original colors.

Your turn...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #149169 by Bob Eaton
I`m still using film, so it`s basically take the shot. I think you guys are waaay better than I`ll ever be, and I`ve been at this since 1978!!!!!! Thanks anyway.

12 years 6 months ago #149218 by KCook
Well, for a scanned print that is really respectable! With luck you might find a used DSLR for around $250 USD.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 6 months ago #149272 by Bob Eaton
Since I`m a glutton for punishment, I`ll put up something else. If I switch to digital, none of my lenses or flashes will work, and I can`t replace everything!!!!!! :(

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #149288 by MLKstudios
A boat minus the "C". ;)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 6 months ago #149293 by KCook

Bob Eaton wrote: Since I`m a glutton for punishment, I`ll put up something else. If I switch to digital, none of my lenses or flashes will work, and I can`t replace everything!!!!!! :(

Right about the flash. But you might be surprised about the lenses. With a cheap adapter I can still use my antique Olympus OM lenses with my newish Canon EOS 50D. Manual everything of course, but the images are good.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024