New Kitten

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #179623 by Lonestarlady61
This is our new kitty Rosey. We lost our last kitten Milly to FIP. We only had her for about 6 weeks but we got attached to her fast. I still miss her but Rosey makes it a little easier to bear.

I want a good wide angle lens and more money for photo trips.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #179626 by john_m
Ahhh, she is adorable! Great pic also!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #179641 by Gary Trent photography
Your kitten is cute and very photogenic !

In #2, I like your low angle yet the pillow cuts off his ears.

Shooting animals at their level is perfectly right.
Just be careful of the backgrounds though.

#1 has a very bizzy bkgd and takes away from those bright eyes.
Also the (frame?) in the bkgd distracts.

I also feel that your pix are heavily over saturated.
Maybe back off some of the color saturation in your editor.

I know little animals move around a lot so the idea here is to
shoot, shoot, shoot until you achieve good images.

Remember to keep your animal portraits simple.
And watch that bkgd (as with any close-up photo'y)

Hope this helps
GT

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 4 months ago #179686 by photobod
Good advice from Gary, I personaly however dont mind the strong colors, she looks an adorable kitten and you should enjoy many hours of fun with her, keep shooting. :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #179736 by Gary Trent photography
@ photobod

My main reason for pointing out "over saturation"
(not just for this photograph) is if you are ever
going to make an enlargement you may find the
result of too much color very dis-satisfying.
The color will blotch up making the image unpleasing.
(from my experiences)

Yes, I love to saturate certain views and post them on the web.
They look pretty cool on your monitor.

Yet I hope that some of you DO make enlargements for
(ie: framing & sale) purposes other than just web entertainment.

GT with smiles

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 4 months ago #179787 by Dori
What a little cutie!!!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 4 months ago #179798 by butterflygirl921
she is such a cutie but in number two it almost looks like shes looking cross eyed! lol but its adorable :judge:

12 years 4 months ago #179917 by Lonestarlady61

john_m wrote: Ahhh, she is adorable! Great pic also!

Thanks. We think so too.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179920 by Lonestarlady61

Gary Trent photography wrote: Your kitten is cute and very photogenic !

In #2, I like your low angle yet the pillow cuts off his ears.

Shooting animals at their level is perfectly right.
Just be careful of the backgrounds though.

#1 has a very bizzy bkgd and takes away from those bright eyes.
Also the (frame?) in the bkgd distracts.

I also feel that your pix are heavily over saturated.
Maybe back off some of the color saturation in your editor.

I know little animals move around a lot so the idea here is to
shoot, shoot, shoot until you achieve good images.

Remember to keep your animal portraits simple.
And watch that bkgd (as with any close-up photo'y)

Hope this helps
GT

Thanks very much for your CC and comments. She is very active at this age or sleeping and I prefer shots with her green eyes open. So far, these are the best shots I've been able to get. She just won't stay where I put her. Treats don't work since she will move to come and get it. I will try to figure out someway to get a better background. I didn't increase the saturation of the colors in these shots. When I tried to increase by 1 in DPP the colors were way too intense. I did change from auto to tungsten light. I don't think that caused the increase in saturation though. I'll take a look at these shots again and see what I can do.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179922 by Lonestarlady61

photobod wrote: Good advice from Gary, I personaly however dont mind the strong colors, she looks an adorable kitten and you should enjoy many hours of fun with her, keep shooting. :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Thanks, I didn't think the colors were over saturated so maybe it's my monitor? She is a very sweet and playful kitten and we enjoy her immensely. She has even convinced a older and crabby cat in our house to play. :lol:

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179923 by Lonestarlady61

Gary Trent photography wrote: @ photobod

My main reason for pointing out "over saturation"
(not just for this photograph) is if you are ever
going to make an enlargement you may find the
result of too much color very dis-satisfying.
The color will blotch up making the image unpleasing.
(from my experiences)

Yes, I love to saturate certain views and post them on the web.
They look pretty cool on your monitor.

Yet I hope that some of you DO make enlargements for
(ie: framing & sale) purposes other than just web entertainment.

GT with smiles

Thanks for clarifying your comment.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179926 by Lonestarlady61
:goodpost:

Dori wrote: What a little cutie!!!!

She is for sure Dori. There's a funny story in regards to her too. When I went to the Humane Society the cat lady told me that she had a kitten in mind for me and that she has a slight under bite. The kitten wasn't there that day so I went back a couple of days later to take a look. I couldn't find the cat lady so I started looking on my own. When she showed up I had a kitten in my arms and I asked her about the kitten she told me about. She said "She's the one you're holding" I just had to take my hubby to see which one he wanted and that's how we ended up with our sweet Rosey.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #179927 by Lonestarlady61

butterflygirl921 wrote: she is such a cutie but in number two it almost looks like shes looking cross eyed! lol but its adorable :judge:

Thanks so much. We love her already. She's not cross eyes normally, I think she was trying to figure out what I was doing.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024