Summer is here!

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187520 by chakkaradeep
Not sure what it is on the other side of the world, but it is Summer here in New Zealand B)

[

Summer is here! by DigitalBreak , on Flickr

And not to forget about the wind!

Windy Wellington by DigitalBreak , on Flickr

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 3 months ago #187526 by mattmoran
I love the first one. Great colors and an interesting composition.

The second one, if you don't mind my saying, should be framed more tightly around the guy and the chairs. It's a little busy as is.

-Matt
12 years 3 months ago #187528 by Stealthy Ninja
I'm on the same side of the world as you (sorta) and it's winter here. ;)
12 years 3 months ago #187537 by chakkaradeep

mattmoran wrote: The second one, if you don't mind my saying, should be framed more tightly around the guy and the chairs. It's a little busy as is.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Does it mean - cropping the picture to the guy and fallen chairs (cropping the right where the chairs have not fallen) ?

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 3 months ago #187540 by chakkaradeep

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I'm on the same side of the world as you (sorta) and it's winter here. ;)

Where are the winter snaps then? :)

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 3 months ago #187542 by mattmoran

chakkaradeep wrote:

mattmoran wrote: The second one, if you don't mind my saying, should be framed more tightly around the guy and the chairs. It's a little busy as is.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Does it mean - cropping the picture to the guy and fallen chairs (cropping the right where the chairs have not fallen) ?

I would crop from the right so the guy is near the right side of the picture, and down from the top so he takes up more vertical space in the picture. Then I'd probably crop from the left until I had a pleasing aspect ratio without cutting any chairs in half, if possible.

I look at this and I see a picture of a guy picking up chairs. The problem for me is that the subject doesn't take up much of the frame. The background is beautiful, but it doesn't really contribute to the picture.

You might be able to crop and get a nice picture of the front of a bright blue building by cropping the guy and the chairs out of the picture. That would be a completely different picture.

I guess my complaint is that there is a lot going on in this picture, and it doesn't seem to work together.

-Matt
12 years 3 months ago #187548 by chakkaradeep

mattmoran wrote: I would crop from the right so the guy is near the right side of the picture, and down from the top so he takes up more vertical space in the picture. Then I'd probably crop from the left until I had a pleasing aspect ratio without cutting any chairs in half, if possible.

I look at this and I see a picture of a guy picking up chairs. The problem for me is that the subject doesn't take up much of the frame. The background is beautiful, but it doesn't really contribute to the picture.

You might be able to crop and get a nice picture of the front of a bright blue building by cropping the guy and the chairs out of the picture. That would be a completely different picture.

I guess my complaint is that there is a lot going on in this picture, and it doesn't seem to work together.

How does it look now? :)

Windy Wellington by DigitalBreak , on Flickr

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 3 months ago #187549 by Stealthy Ninja
I like the crop :)
12 years 3 months ago #187672 by mattmoran
Yes, I like that better.

But of course, its your picture. Do you like it better?

-Matt
12 years 3 months ago #188236 by chakkaradeep

mattmoran wrote: But of course, its your picture. Do you like it better?

Yep, I also like the cropped one :cheer:

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 3 months ago #188244 by Shanna-Marie
Great pics Chalks, I like the colors in the first one, nice and bright. I like the crop too, great job. It's winter here although we don't have a lot of snow yet. Sounds like New Zealand is the place to be right now! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 3 months ago #188256 by chakkaradeep
Thanks Shanna :)

NZ is a beautiful place! Good destination anytime. I will guarantee you will find heaven here B)

Cheers,
Chaks

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024