Wabasso Causeway

12 years 3 months ago #188957 by LauraD
I took this on Friday in the early afternoon...I thought the lack of clouds would be the perfect day for this sort of shot...I also have decided to start watermarking images ...any suggestions on the placement or opacity of the watermark ?

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

Attachments:
12 years 3 months ago #188972 by Dori
Well done!!! :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #188981 by LauraD
Thank you, Dori :)

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189007 by KCook
I think that is a classic case where B&W would serve better. I would like to see the watermark smaller. At least you didn't plunk it in the middle of the image, I've seen that done too, on other sites.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: LauraD
12 years 3 months ago #189033 by Stealthy Ninja
It appears to me the first pylon is slightly soft. I can't really tell with this level of compression though. If it is slightly OOF, you should have focused on the first pylon not the second. If you focused on the first pylon and selected a tight enough aperture, it and the ones behind it would appear sharp (google: hyper focal distance).
12 years 3 months ago #189349 by LauraD
Thank you for the tips ....I did try a b&w conversion ....I wasn't very pleased with it though ...I see what you are saying about the watermark .... maybe I will take a trip out there with the camera again try a few more shots. The first pylon doesn't appear quiet as oof in full screen ...except right where the sun hits it ( still a little soft ) ...

LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 3 months ago #189355 by Gary Trent photography
This sort of subject is difficult as the lines
lead the eye right out of the picture.
Perhaps a different cam angle & a more interesting sky?
Work with it.
Just saying . . . . . :cheers:

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 3 months ago #189387 by photobod
Well done Laura, nice perspective gorgeous sky, those lines of the bridge lead my eye through the photograph, maybe a tad soft as the ninj explained, but not enough to put me off. :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 months ago #189407 by bigbubbaG
I like the bridge.... nice shot.

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189594 by icepics
Would probably be worth seeing what other type photo you could get with this subject, it's interesting and has potential.

I've noticed that the B&W conversions often tend to look more grayscale and was told it's probably due to the software being used. When I'm shooting B&W I try to look for dark and light in the scene, this has some light and shadow under the bridge but all that sky might make for a large area of gray.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #189689 by Rolly
I love your shot and I think your watermark works just fine where it's at.

12 years 3 months ago #189833 by LauraD
I really appreciate all the feedback and tips. Thanks everyone :)

LauraD.imagekind.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024