How Do You Shoot Photos Of Fireworks In the Winter?

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #215449 by Joiemagic
It is very simple, you go to the Fireworks Store... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Winter_Fireworks_0008 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

And you thought you were gonna see some exploding fireworks... didn't ya? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

*************************************************************************************************
Would this be considered, Trick Photography? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As always, feel free to comment.... :toocrazy: :cheers: :toocrazy:

I'm sure these are all very pretty when they go off...

Winter_Fireworks_0001 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Winter_Fireworks_0003 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Winter_Fireworks_0004 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Winter_Fireworks_0006 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Winter_Fireworks_0007 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

And some very good advice, don't ya think?

Winter_Fireworks_0005 by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 4 weeks ago #215450 by battleliner
you mean to say there are stores dedicated to just selling fireworks? Us Aussies are seriously missing out, I was in the US from the end of 2005 till 2007 and went along with my wife to help out at a fireworks setup in washington state, I wasnt sure where they got theirs from but should have guessd somewhere like this.

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #215451 by Joiemagic
They are not in every state.... You can find them down in the Southern states, which is where this store is... along with many others, including one right next door... talk about competition...

Was talking with the guy in store... he said these are not the same fireworks used by the professionals. Those are a different class of fireworks. These are for the general consumer, but they will still cause some major personal damage if used improperly, so don't be fooled...

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 4 weeks ago #215458 by battleliner
the only fireworks that we get a chance to see are usually event organised and we dont handle them ourselves, great pics of the fireworks too btw :-)

12 years 4 weeks ago #215461 by chasrich
It's not so much trick photography as it is creative writing... :rofl:

:judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 weeks ago #215525 by Graphix
Well the answer to your question is like what you did. lol And also buy fireworks and set them off in the middle of winter to take photos. :cheer:

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #215721 by icepics
There you go Rich, good one. Wonder who put up the No Smoking sign, Mr. Obvious?? My favorites are the one with all the fireworks fanned out, that's a nice composition, and the one of the rockets lined up on shelves, that's a nice use of color and design. Joie you sure found a way to find something interesting to photograph.

And to the person who asked, yes, there are places really like this that just sell fireworks. But theres a large company in my area that does fireworks over the river (Rozzi's) that are televised and when they show the set-up of the charges it's really different than what's sold to us amateurs. Now I guess we wait til the 4th to see these in action?

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #215756 by Joiemagic
Part of the reason I took these shots was because of that weekly photo contest site I am on. All Winter long, someone has been suggesting Fireworks as a topic and people were voting for it. I have always lobbied against it and to wait until the Summer time, when you are more likely to see fireworks displays. Thankfully, it has not won yet during the Winter and now we are into Spring, so I wouldn't be against it so much now.

But, just in case it did win, I wanted to have something to submit that was way outside the box. No one was saying the Fireworks had to be exploding. I took advantage of being down by my dad's before he passed away and for his funeral. Now I got em, do bring on the Fireworks contest topic.

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 3 weeks ago #215790 by geoffellis
here i thought you might be "shooting" fireworks with a gun :P

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024