Architechture - front elevation

12 years 7 months ago #142956 by longtallm
Taken early one morning to get the sun in the right place...

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #142958 by butterflygirl921
thats a cool shot! is that your house?? it gorgeous :judge: :thumbsup:

12 years 7 months ago #142989 by longtallm
Not my house, ButteryflyGirl... I shoot real estate for a living.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #142993 by MLKstudios
Very nice, with great color. I would however, "dodge" the two shadows just a bit, as they kinda pull the eye to them. Dodging would make them less noticeable.

Just trying to help,

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #142997 by John Landolfi

MLKstudios wrote: Very nice, with great color. I would however, "dodge" the two shadows just a bit, as they kinda pull the eye to them. Dodging would make them less noticeable.

Just trying to help,

Matthew :)

:agree: It also looks as if youy might want a bit of CCW rotation.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #142998 by longtallm
Good idea about dodging the shadows, MLK.

12 years 7 months ago #142999 by John Landolfi
:welcomeclan

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143000 by longtallm
John, what does rotating CCW gain me in this shot?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143001 by MLKstudios

longtallm wrote: Good idea about dodging the shadows, MLK.

Welcome!

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143003 by MLKstudios

longtallm wrote: John, what does rotating CCW gain me in this shot?

I'm not sure either?

John, you got some 'splainin todo!

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143092 by John Landolfi
Well, looking at the roof line more carefully, it looks horizontal. So I guess the sloping lawn, and especially the sloping road visible in the corner,(distracting in itself) fool the eye intom seeing the house itself as not level, needing CCW. Perhaps cropping the sloping road out would help. Or, perhaps I shoud switch to a weaker Scotch....:)

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143098 by MLKstudios
Just poured some from a 15 year old Macallan. :cheers:

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143103 by robbie

John Landolfi wrote: Well, looking at the roof line more carefully, it looks horizontal. So I guess the sloping lawn, and especially the sloping road visible in the corner,(distracting in itself) fool the eye intom seeing the house itself as not level, needing CCW. Perhaps cropping the sloping road out would help. Or, perhaps I shoud switch to a weaker Scotch....:)

Wish I have half of your knowledge and eye John.
Beautiful shot btw.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143106 by MLKstudios
Actually it needs to go a degree or two clockwise. According to the top of my screen anyway.

John, I was thinking you were saying to do a total "chas" on it. :side:

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143130 by John Landolfi

MLKstudios wrote: Actually it needs to go a degree or two clockwise. According to the top of my screen anyway.

John, I was thinking you were saying to do a total "chas" on it.

:woohoo: Heaven forfend! Do you buy my 'splainin'? I've got another dram of Talisker left in the bottle, and then the pleasant task of deciding what to open next...!

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024