awesome shots Robbie :judge:

12 years 7 months ago #143132 by John Landolfi
:agree: :thumbsup:

Papabear63 wrote: awesome shots Robbie :judge:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143143 by MLKstudios
:judge:

Matthew :)

eta Your pond image reminds me of big paintings by Monet, that I have traveled great distances to see in person. Keep up the good work.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #143175 by longtallm
Fantastic! I love the processing, and the fact that it doesn't overwhelm the composition.

12 years 7 months ago #143219 by robbie
Thanks everyone for those kind comments.
I`m trying to sing Matthew in my own voice not imitating someone else,borrowing little bits when needed.

12 years 7 months ago #143226 by photobod

robbie wrote: Thanks everyone for those kind comments.
I`m trying to sing Matthew in my own voice not imitating someone else,borrowing little bits when needed.

Singing in full voice from where I am watching Robbie, great work. :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

The following user(s) said Thank You: robbie
12 years 7 months ago #143230 by robbie

12 years 7 months ago #143245 by Dori
Robbie, all of these shots are stunning! :judge:
I hope to get as good as you one day :)

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143254 by chasrich
Robbie you have always offered me a new paradigm to see the world with. These photos have got me thinking the IR is an early form of what we call HDR. The colors that come with IR seems to penetrate the shadows and trade blownout for a softer blush. I'm sure this is just my interpretation of your work but I can't help noticing that detail along with the attraction of the IR process.

Well done... :judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #143258 by icepics
Interesting point Chas. I can see a little in the B&W ir of the effect you get just using a red filter w/traditional film (not nearly as striking of course).

The one photo that's a different composition from the typical landscapes is the one w/the orange tree and yellow leaves to the left - it gives a feeling of looking down onto the water, and I like the way the tree branch and its reflection are horizontal. There's a little distraction along the bottom but otherwise I find that image intriguing.

OK you got me wanting to get some ir film and dig out some red filters and give it a try.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143269 by John Landolfi
:thumbsup: :judge: :judge: Superb, Robbie! You seem to have achieved a new level of control, and te toning you are getting is amazing. You are heading to Bonnard territory, a great place to go. Keep 'em coming!:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143327 by Shanna-Marie
Oh My........ Robbie, these are out of this world, WOW ! They are all gorgeous, if I had to pick my two favorites they would be 2 & 3, those are absolutely stunning. So much talent.... I am in awe....:)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #143339 by MLKstudios
Yar.. there is greatness to be found in those red wavelengths!

Love the new set, robbie. :)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #143452 by robbie
Thanks for those wonderful comments,it will only fuel the drive to be my best.I don`t force the issue always give way to what
my heart says,no preconcieved ideas just processing with an open mind but I do tend to prefer saturated colors.If i`m not happy
with what i`m getting I will save as is and return another day.There are two Ir photographers whose work I truly admire but
couldn`t try and copy their style,that wouldn`t be ME.
surrealcolor.com/orderpage.htm
www.flickr.com/photos/2121studio/5663849...l-artistic-infrared/
Thanks again.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024