Out for a drive in the hills II

12 years 5 months ago #169141 by Lonestarlady61
Here's a couple more photos from my last outing. When it gets warm enough I've got to go back. It is beautiful up there. :whistle: Comments and suggestions encouraged.

I want a good wide angle lens and more money for photo trips.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 5 months ago #169143 by John37
I was just admiring shots just like these (the hay ones) in Bryan Peterson's book. It made me want to shoot the same thing. Now I have someone else to be jealous of! :)

Nice job, all around! :thumbsup:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
12 years 5 months ago #169145 by Lonestarlady61
It can be difficult to find nice foreground elements around here. These bails of hay seem to work pretty well. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169147 by chasrich
I just passed a big field on the other side of the toll road this evening. The magic hour had just started and I almost turned around to get the shot. But hunger changed my mind. I might go back tomorrow night at the same time and take the shot. Can I borrow some mountains for the background please?

:judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #169151 by Dori
Wonderful shots! Where were these taken? :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #169161 by Rob pix4u2
Lovely pix & makes me miss the mountains. We have lots of hay fields in Kentucky though

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 5 months ago #169171 by Lonestarlady61
Please make sure to post those shots when you get them Chasrich. I would love to see them.

Now, if I can only figure out how to package and ship a few mountains to you. I'm afraid the cost of shipping those would bankrupt me. :rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169174 by Lonestarlady61
These were taken near East Helena, Montana.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169175 by Lonestarlady61
And I miss the ocean, the cicadas and the peepers down in Texas. ;) I sometimes miss the humidity but only for a little while. :rofl: I have friends that live in Missouri and Tennessee. One of these days I'll make it down there to see them.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169199 by mazz1956
Love the 3rd one. Have to try this near the farms in Pa.

Joanne
12 years 5 months ago #169204 by Lonestarlady61
Thanks. Please post your pics after you get those shots. My son told me about this field and I've been back several times. I just took a walk into the field and looked for different angles to make interesting shots. Walking in a field that has been plowed isn't a lot of fun. You got to watch where you put your feet or you'll stumble.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169303 by rmeyer7
I LOVE hay bale shots, I'm not sure why but they're a subject I really enjoy. (Maybe because I live in Southern California and pictures of hay bales remind that some places aren't like here :rofl: ) I even have a hay bale shot as my wallpaper on my computer at the moment.

These are fantastic, and the exposure on that 3rd shot is absolutely beautiful! :judge:

12 years 5 months ago #169344 by photobod
Wonderful work and worth the possible odd stumble. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago #169457 by Lonestarlady61
I can't say that I really love hay bail shots but I think it worked for this shot. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I need to look at the data for the 3rd shot to see what made the difference in the exposure.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169460 by Lonestarlady61
Thanks very much. I think these shots were worth it too. I sure do wish that I could figure out why I can't get the diopter to make the data in the viewfinder sharp. I hope I don't have to buy a new eyepiece.

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024