Willis Tower

103 stories is a long way down

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 4 months ago #181763 by john_m
Great set Rob! Im all about #2! :judge:

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #181791 by gjtoth
Really good travelogue! Thanks for the tour. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~ Gary ~
The best camera is the one you have with you.
My gallery ===> toths.us/GJT
Feel free to comment & critique.

12 years 4 months ago #181796 by photobod
Yup great set indeed, just a couple of points in one I would crop out the bins etc on the right and in 3 I would crop out the lady on the right, minor points though. :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #181840 by rmeyer7

photobod wrote: Yup great set indeed, just a couple of points in one I would crop out the bins etc on the right and in 3 I would crop out the lady on the right, minor points though. :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:agree: - with everybody. I really like the series and I also think those minor points would make the photos even better. Maybe in #1, if you're going to do some cropping, straighten it a bit first? #2 might benefit from the same thing. (I notice the straightening thing mostly because I have to do so much of it on my own photos ;) )

12 years 4 months ago #181967 by Stealthy Ninja
103 floors up! Makes my puny 35 story high apartment building feel small. ;)

Maybe I should go off to the 118 story high building they have here in HK just to show off a little. ;)
12 years 4 months ago #182168 by I like pics
Great set of images. :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #182177 by lonehero83
Love the first picture , but all the picture looks awesome
12 years 4 months ago #182237 by Rob pix4u2
Thanks Y'all- We had a good time in Chicago but I'm glad to be back in sweet home Kentucky again

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 4 months ago #182253 by icepics
Haven't been on the El in years... which is fine with me! LOL - seems to be as much lovely haze there as here. Nice shot of the tracks going into the city. I like the bit of snow on the tracks going off into the distance, getting the buildings at varying heights. Trying to think which building is now the Willis, remember seeing something about one of those being renamed.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #182257 by Rob pix4u2
It is the former SEARS tower now known as the Willis Tower

Rob Huelsman Sr.

12 years 4 months ago #182281 by chasrich
I rode the elevator up the Sears tower... Most memorable as we were all pushed into the elevator and somebody didn't take a shower. My eyes water just thinking about it - no I'm not being sentimental... :rofl: :rofl:

Great series Rob. Thanks for the lift.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #182677 by Shanna-Marie
Whoa, that's a long ways up there ! Great series Rob, thanks for sharing! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024