A splash of color.....

12 years 4 months ago #182684 by Shanna-Marie
I was trying new things with my wide angle lens, I've seen some awesome photos of closeups so I wanted to see what I could do. What do you think? :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 4 months ago #182694 by Baydream
Stunning color. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #182696 by chasrich
:judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo: Nice one Shanna...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 4 months ago #183093 by Shanna-Marie
Thanks a bunch John & Rich!! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183098 by Gary Trent photography
The concept of contrast colors is dramatic here yet the composition
leaves me in wonder.
A straight horizon line and it's position is truly a must for good composition.
I feel as though I'm looking at two pictures.
The delema of macro is the background.
I think that a different camera angle with a simplified bkgrd would have made a better job.
Hope this helps
:cheers:

GaryTrent photography (Canada)

Owner of
Art Effects Gallery,
Grand Forks, B.C. Canada

Please visit me on Multiply:
whazit2u.multiply.com/

12 years 4 months ago #183111 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you Trent, I appreciate your comments. Here is the original, I've tried a bunch of different things with it- several other photographers have messed with it too. I'll keep trying new things, different angles too..... thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Trent photography
12 years 4 months ago #183118 by john_m
Beautiful color Shanna.I love you nature shots!

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #183126 by Shanna-Marie
Awww thank you John, you are very kind! :)

12 years 4 months ago #183131 by Baydream
Glad you cropped out that rock. Maine lakes always seems to have "Rock Ness Monsters" :P

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #183136 by Shanna-Marie
Yep, we sure do! Glad you like it John, thank you!:)

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183144 by Stealthy Ninja

Impressive.
12 years 4 months ago #183146 by Shanna-Marie
Thanks a bunch Adrian! :)

12 years 4 months ago #183329 by KCook
I use my WA for more closeups that I expected. But that is where the close subject is clearly dominate. In your example the eye is split between jumping from the close leaf to the distant horizon. Which is Ok if tension was what you were after. But just confusing for mere mortals.

simple Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 4 months ago #183436 by Shanna-Marie
Thank you very much Kelly, Tension is definitely Not what I was looking for at all...These were the settings for this shot : Aperture f/13, exposure- 1/125 sec, ISO 200. What would you use??

12 years 4 months ago #183448 by Dori
Shanna, I missed another one! This is beautiful!!!! :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024