Night Ir

12 years 4 months ago #182773 by robbie

Not for critique,,just to show night Ir.Shot with camera on a wall.
Enjoy.

Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago #182777 by icepics
Cool!

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #182850 by robbie

icepics wrote: Cool!

Thanks Sharon,didn`t know what to expect in the darkness.Gotta shoot more night shots :banana: :banana: :banana:

12 years 4 months ago #182915 by Billwill78
That's different for IR. Very cool.

12 years 4 months ago #183104 by photobod
Nice to see you trying new things well done :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 months ago #183122 by john_m
Your like the king of IR Robbie! I always look forward to seeing your work

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #183204 by robbie

john_m wrote: Your like the king of IR Robbie! I always look forward to seeing your work

Thanks John,guess i`m king by default!!Appreciate you looking forward to see my Ir images.

12 years 4 months ago #183210 by robbie
When I think i`m an expert who knows it all is when i`ll stop improving,that will NEVER happen.
I have confidence in my Ir images which I think is well above average but that level isn`t the ultimate for me.When I see Ir articles in magazine with some crappy image depicting Ir it makes me shake my head in disgust.Most of the writers don`t know zilch about Ir,I don`t know lot of technical stuff because i`m not interested in all the technical jargon,my work flow is different from most and it`s crazy.I love warm colors with lots of saturation but it depends on what I like at that moment colorwise.
I don`t have nothing to hide as far as shooting & processing is concerned,so if anyone needs help
just ask.Ir images should have the same photographic qualities as Visible,there shouldn`t be any free pass if you do substandard work because it is Ir.To be honest if you give me a visible light b&w image
I might have difficulty giving a good critique because I just don`t do it.I had a darkroom but I spent most of my time processing Ir images.
Hope this gives a small insight into what makes me tick!!

12 years 4 months ago #183219 by McBeth Photography
This is one cool image Robbie, you are inspiring me!

It is what it is.
12 years 4 months ago #183312 by Jbrown2792
This may be a dumb question, but as a newbie I hope I can get a few of these, what is Ir? Does it stand for infra red? I love the shot! :thumbsup:

12 years 4 months ago #183318 by john_m

Jbrown2792 wrote: This may be a dumb question, but as a newbie I hope I can get a few of these, what is Ir? Does it stand for infra red? I love the shot! :thumbsup:

Yes it does, here is a wiki for ya.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_photography

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 4 months ago #183328 by robbie

McBeth Photography wrote: This is one cool image Robbie, you are inspiring me!

Thanks Barry,that will inspire me even more to do the best I can.That`s soooo sweet of you!!

12 years 4 months ago #183334 by robbie

john_m wrote:

Jbrown2792 wrote: This may be a dumb question, but as a newbie I hope I can get a few of these, what is Ir? Does it stand for infra red? I love the shot! :thumbsup:

Yes it does, here is a wiki for ya.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_photography

Thanks for helping out with the link John,nice one.
Here is the link to my unprocessed files,if anyone wants to download and process it,feel free to try but copyright remains with me.Post on this site if you wish.
www.pbase.com/ir_robbie/d200d70_ir
proceesing links are here
www.photographytalk.com/forum/photograph...infrared-photography

12 years 4 months ago #183396 by John Landolfi
Great to see you keep posting here, Robbie!

Photo Comments
12 years 4 months ago #183553 by robbie

John Landolfi wrote: Great to see you keep posting here, Robbie!

Thanks John,plan on posting here just not as often as before.FAA demands lot of my time and I don`t start keywording about 150 images yet,plus lots more to process and post.One of the benefits is that I pay much closer attention to my processing.Will be posting some images soon.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024