TAMRON SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2

5 years 4 weeks ago #637616 by Iowa_Gent
Just wondering if any of you have used the  TAMRON SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens.  I want to up from a 75-300mm to this lens since when taking pictures of bird I not able to zoom in enough.  I heard great reviews on the lens and will be using it on a Nikon D7200.  Since it is a crop sensor camera that would up the zoom some too.  

If you have used the lens let me know about it.  

Thank you 
Tom

5 years 3 weeks ago #638608 by Cathy Kadolph
That lens get's very good reviews.  The cool part is on your Nikon, you have a crop factor of 1.5x which means this lens will be essentially a 225-900mm!  

Go get your moon shots! 

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638724 by Iowa_Gent
I been seeing those reviews and thought that is one lens I want to save up for.   I was thinking I would get the crop factor.  I would love to have a nice picture of the moon with it.  

thank you 

5 years 2 weeks ago #638727 by Iowa_Gent
This was couple geese on a marsh I got a picture with my Nikon 70-300mm lens.   The first one is the RAW photograph I got with the Nikon.  They were moving away from me and the water was rough. So they were bobbing up and down. It was hard to hold focus on them perfect.  But I hope with practice I get better at that.  The second one I cropped the photograph and played with the hues in it.  But still not in perfect focus. They weren't that far away so want to be able to zoom in closer and think the Tamron 150-600mm would help some. 

Tom

Attachments:
5 years 2 weeks ago #638731 by garyrhook

Cathy Kadolph wrote: That lens get's very good reviews.  The cool part is on your Nikon, you have a crop factor of 1.5x which means this lens will be essentially a 225-900mm!

Gah! The crop factor doesn't change the lens. It's the view angle that changes, and if you have more pixel density in your sensor, then you might get some more detail.

The problem with that conversion crap is that it's relative to a 35mm (full) frame. Which many people have zero experience with. So it doesn't matter at all when you're looking at a lens.

The longer lens will have longer reach, but you're going to want a monopod or tripod. You won't be able to hold it steady enough without assistance.

Photo Comments
5 years 2 weeks ago #638745 by Iowa_Gent
Thanks  I understand the ratio but  it is confusing to understand with one saying this and another saying that.    I do plan to use a monopod and tripod when I am shooting at lower shutter speeds to help keep the camera steady.  I just have to get out and practice taking pictures.  Most pro wildlife photographers say they only get 1 or 2 picture out of 10  they can use. Birds and animals don't  respond when you ask them to pose. 

5 years 2 weeks ago #639680 by the four vignettes
The Tamron 150-600 often gets compared to the Nikon 200-500.  That might be worth at least looking into. 

5 years 1 week ago #639901 by Iowa_Gent
thank you if I sell well at the flea market I might buy one for myself 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024