Problem with stabilization Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

11 months 3 weeks ago #673848 by GamesHouse-ITA
Hi everyoneToday i bought an used tamron 17-50 2.8 VC. I tested the VC (vibration control) stabilization in photos and there's no problem (the photos are sharper and the noise produced by the vc can be heard), so it works. I think it doesn't work in video: there's no difference between stabilizer anche non-stabilized video and also no noise can be heard. I fear that could be some problem with the drivers or firmware, also because in the lens correction menu it isn't possible correct anything except diffraction because "there is no correction data".Now i seen that in video mode (i have a canon eos 800d/t7i), in the stabilization menu, the camera says me to switch on the stabilizator on the lens, so probably it's a problem of communication between the lens and the camera body. I also tried to download some drivers or firmware for the camera or the lens but i found nothing. Someone has advice? Thank you for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #673873 by garyrhook
We don't use IS for video. You want that, get a gimbal rig.

Photo Comments

11 months 3 weeks ago #673880 by GamesHouse-ITA
I know that is in video isn't the best solution, but it's the easier, especially when i travel. Anyway, it would have to work in video(or not? I think so) (watch there 3:09 not stabilized, 3:31 stabilized 

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #673904 by garyrhook
That appears to be more than stabilization, given the level of movement before. But what do I know?

I think you need someone that speaks Italian, if they are discussing that aspect in the video, or go ask Tamron. It may have to do with the body.

And for what it's worth, hand-holding a DSLR for video is not hard. It just takes practice.

Photo Comments

11 months 3 weeks ago #673911 by GamesHouse-ITA
Oh yes, I'm italian! And i'm sure that'are speaking about it. One of the reason why i chose tamron is that has an incredible image stabilization

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M1 I is pushing eight years old, but for budget-minded photographers, it represents excellent value in 2021.

Jan 08, 2021

The Fujifilm X100v is the latest in the X100 series of compact cameras. Does this new version improve on its predecessors? Find out in this in-depth review.

Dec 31, 2020

Latest Articles

Processing landscape photos takes a good amount of time and effort. By educating yourself on tips for processing landscape photos, you can make the most of your editing time.

Jan 14, 2021

I got my first metal print from Printique about six weeks ago. In this Printique metal print review, learn why this might be the best metal print I've ever gotten.

Jan 13, 2021

Use these highly effective real estate photography tips to take better images of properties that help improve its chances of getting sold.

Jan 13, 2021

The Sony a6100 has been out for over a year now. In this long-term Sony a6100 review, learn all about its features, specs, price, and more.

Jan 13, 2021

Use these photography ideas to find your creativity, get organized, and utilize your time at home wisely.

Jan 12, 2021

Cropping in photography is much more than resizing an image. Instead, learning how to crop landscape photos can greatly impact the quality of the composition.

Jan 12, 2021

The Panasonic G85 might be a few years old, but it still has the specs and features to make it a highly useful camera. Get all the details in this Panasonic G85 review.

Jan 12, 2021

There are plenty of camera settings for beginners to learn. However, these important camera settings should be at the top of your list.

Jan 08, 2021