bee macro

12 years 10 months ago #104524 by jdadkin
:cheer: HI... I am new to this site please tell me what ya think on my photos I am a big girl sooo let me have it LOL any info to make me a better photographer good or bad! no tubes on this one I do not have any! this is also in my album sunflower fields where I spent hours thank you Juanita

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #104576 by chasrich
Very nice. I'm fast becoming a big fan of macro thanks to a whole clique of enthusiasts here. I think you will fit right in. Also the other "Girls" are tough as nails. One of them even made me cry. :slapface:

:welcomeclan :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdadkin
12 years 10 months ago #104594 by photobod
A very good attempt as Charles says there is a growing army of macro fans on PT, dont believe Charles when he says a girl made him cry, thats one of his chat up lines :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: he uses it to get you under his spell, his next move is telling you he plays Santa for all the children, this is actualy true and I hate him for it, that damned handsome face those cheeky whiskers and twinkling eyes, he very near turned me gay :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Joking apart well done.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #104610 by jdadkin
made you cry !! I can't imagine that. A very big thank you too for all your comments on my album you have made my first uploads worth it!!!

12 years 10 months ago #104614 by jdadkin
ha ha ha I know some one who does just that at Wolfsons in Jax. he has the rose colored glasses and all! and thank you for the well done! how do you use the little smileys in a comment

12 years 10 months ago #104644 by chasrich
Using the little emoticons is easy. Just above the area where you type your message and comments there is a box with a little dancing banana and a few dozen other smileys. Just click on the one you want :thumbsup: and it appears in the text box as a file name between a pair of : colons. The image will appear after you post. Also after you attach a file there will be a botton that says Insert - which will put the image into the script of your post. You might want to try the Edit button on your first post and then add the file. Good luck.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #104662 by jdadkin
:thumbsup: ok I think I got it now:) thank you!

12 years 10 months ago #104668 by Screamin Scott
The photo in the OP is nice for a close focus shot. My only peeve would be for the bee to be facing down not up, but that's just me...You mention Jax in a follow up post. I used to live in Jax back in 1970, worked at St Lukes Hospital on Boulevard & lived up over the St John's near the Anheuser-Busch brewery...Even ushered some football games over in Gainesville for the Gators...Anyway, welcome to the forum....!

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #104672 by jdadkin
:) thank you Scot I do have some with the bee facing down :lol: and sideways and.... you get the picture... this was taken in a big field of sunflowers had a blast on that day

12 years 10 months ago #104824 by The Time Capturer
I love images of sunflower fields, although I have never seen one in real life. Would "bee" a treat. Great capture. :)

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Large format prints are a fantastic way to celebrate your photographic accomplishments. You can see your best work in a beautiful format (and show it off to others, too!).

May 29, 2024

Some bird photography gear is obvious. You need a camera, a lens, and a tripod. But what are the best options in these and other categories of gear? Let’s find out!

May 29, 2024

Having a zoom lens in your bag is like having a jack of all trades. These lenses cover broad focal ranges so you can use one lens for multiple photographic pursuits.

May 28, 2024

Capturing beautiful portraits requires an understanding of compositional techniques (and a lot of other things). In this guide, learn how to master low-angle portrait composition for beautiful results!

May 28, 2024

Tree photography is an interesting genre of landscapes that use the size, shape, and texture of trees as the primary element of interest. With these quick tips, you can master the art of photographing trees!

May 24, 2024

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024